• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Longer but fewer videos - disadvantage?

Florian from ITTT

Hi there!
My channel contains not many, but pretty long (up to 40 minutes) videos. They are mostly Tutorials for various Topics within Information Technology. The videos are pretty time-consuming to produce (I need a week per video if I work on it every night) so it will take a looong time until I get to the suggested 100 videos for seeing real growth.
Am I at a disadvantage here compared to channels with more, but shorter/less time-consuming videos?
I am asking mainly because I'd like to hear the oppinion of you more experienced Creators.
One strategy could be to break down future videos to shorter episodes, but I would rather not do that to not sacrifice didactical value.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Best,
Florian

goldfries

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just go with what you need.

For me I like to keep my videos as brief as possible.

I think long videos are alright if it's within one topic but some long videos can also be split.

OP
OP
Florian from ITTT

Florian from ITTT

Hi Goldfries
thank you for your thoughts. I will keep that in mind.
I also like your channel (just subscribed). You have a nice set and pace. In the winter I like to rebuild my Main-PC so the GPU-Advice of your channel will come in handy :)
Best,
Florian

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hi there!
My channel contains not many, but pretty long (up to 40 minutes) videos. They are mostly Tutorials for various Topics within Information Technology. The videos are pretty time-consuming to produce (I need a week per video if I work on it every night) so it will take a looong time until I get to the suggested 100 videos for seeing real growth.
Am I at a disadvantage here compared to channels with more, but shorter/less time-consuming videos?
I am asking mainly because I'd like to hear the oppinion of you more experienced Creators.
One strategy could be to break down future videos to shorter episodes, but I would rather not do that to not sacrifice didactical value.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Best,
Florian
The only way you know is to watch your audience retention numbers under Analytics -> Reach. If you post a 40 minute video and no one is watching for more that 3-4 minutes, you need to adjust.

OP
OP
Florian from ITTT

Florian from ITTT

This is great advice. Just did that: I am roughly at 50% Viewtime for my videos. So I guess they are a bit to long.
Thanks.
Best, Florian