• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Strategy for Very Similar Videos - Long tail?

Tyler Durden

I have 100 videos that are all short tests. They are split into 3 groups, beginner,intermediate and advanced. They are all of the same subject. Only the difficulty changes from test to test.
Instead of titling them all "Math Test#1","2", ect . I have a list of long tail keywords that I use to title each video, then I add the channel brand and last the level and test number.
For example:
Simple Math Test - ACME Math - Level#1 - Test#2
Short Easy Math Test - ACME Math - Level#2 - Test#6

Is this a good strategy for these tests?

PS: I do have other non-test videos as well that are still related to the channel subject.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Is your channel for your students? Or is it a general math channel to help everyone out? Also, what type of math are you focusing on?

What I would do is put all of the beginner math tests into one playlist, put the intermediate math tests into a second playlist, and then put the advanced math test into a third playlist. That way the students could narrow down the tests they are looking for by their level. I would also include in the title of each video per test what the test covers. So for example, test 1 would be Chapters 1 and 2 (with whatever math topic they covered), and then so on for videos after that. I hope this helps even just a little bit, and if you have further questions or if I didn't answer something in the way you wanted let me know. Good luck!

OP
OP
T

Tyler Durden

I have already split them in various playlists, I was thinking about the SEO advantages. If I was an established channel I could see going for a more simple branding title
ACME Beginner's Math Class - Chapter 1
but i'm a new channel and in the beginning I have to rely on search to get me viewers, so I'm thinking of making a list of long tail keywords for beginner math class and just going with one of those as a tile with each different video.