• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Ranking in 9 different searches but views are slow

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My video is ranking with 9 different tags and none any lower and 7 but my views aren't climbing the way I thought they would with the rankings. Any thoughts on why this might happen?

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Is your video new, by chance? If it is new it could take some time for the views to start climbing. Also, the thumbnails, titles, and descriptions of a video also comes into play of whether or not a video gets clicked on when it shows up in search. I might also post again later with more information (I'm going to take a look at your channel).

OP
OP
SwishWilly

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Is your video new, by chance? If it is new it could take some time for the views to start climbing. Also, the thumbnails, titles, and descriptions of a video also comes into play of whether or not a video gets clicked on when it shows up in search. I might also post again later with more information (I'm going to take a look at your channel).

It is a brand new video. I guess I'm just impatient. But some videos that I thought would do well because I have hear lots of people talk about the topics didn't do as well as I'd thought. Thank you for assisting!

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So, I actually looked at your tags (with the TubeBuddy extension) and typed those tags into the search bar and your video did show up. I think at your subscriber level and how new your channel is, 26 views in the first 2 hours is pretty solid. One thing I might do is reorganize the beginning part of your description a bit (maybe move the part where it says "With all the park policy and procedure changes during this pandemic...." up to the top, so that all the questions stay together in the description. This is because when you search and find a video on YouTube, the first two lines of your description is what people see. I do like that you include timestamps in your description because it helps people to navigate through your video so that they could go to parts they are most interested about, or back the video up to a certain part to make sure they understand what was said. I hope this mini review helps you, and keep up the good work!

OP
OP
SwishWilly

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So, I actually looked at your tags (with the TubeBuddy extension) and typed those tags into the search bar and your video did show up. I think at your subscriber level and how new your channel is, 26 views in the first 2 hours is pretty solid. One thing I might do is reorganize the beginning part of your description a bit (maybe move the part where it says "With all the park policy and procedure changes during this pandemic...." up to the top, so that all the questions stay together in the description. This is because when you search and find a video on YouTube, the first two lines of your description is what people see. I do like that you include timestamps in your description because it helps people to navigate through your video so that they could go to parts they are most interested about, or back the video up to a certain part to make sure they understand what was said. I hope this mini review helps you, and keep up the good work!

Great! Thank you SO much for that advice. I'll try that out and see if that helps :) Thanks again!

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just from what IΓÇÖve learnt, it takes some time for YouTube to get into action on placing your video, as it needs to gather data from all the information youΓÇÖve plastered all over the video, once the algorithm has what it needs, your video, depending on how past videos did with views and likes and comments and so on, along with what the viewers responded to, YouTube will place your video in front of them for you (FREE PROMOTION!!).

Just remember, there are literally 1000ΓÇÖs upon 1000ΓÇÖs of other uploads happening at the same time too, so patience will definitely be needed.

Reactions: SwishWilly
OP
OP
SwishWilly

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just from what IΓÇÖve learnt, it takes some time for YouTube to get into action on placing your video, as it needs to gather data from all the information youΓÇÖve plastered all over the video, once the algorithm has what it needs, your video, depending on how past videos did with views and likes and comments and so on, along with what the viewers responded to, YouTube will place your video in front of them for you (FREE PROMOTION!!).

Just remember, there are literally 1000ΓÇÖs upon 1000ΓÇÖs of other uploads happening at the same time too, so patience will definitely be needed.

Thank you! I'm hoping it's grabbed enough ground to catch for YouTube to recommend out!