• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Cold Hard Dirty Numbers and Brutal Facts - over creativity

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
RAMBLE ABOUT WHERE I AM COMING FROM [QUESTIONS FURTHER BELOW]

Ok.

So lets say until now my goal was to just make videos I want... not worry about a niche - and just release videos that cross through original music, comedy and wonder... hence my channels name OriginalMCW

I thought if I make videos I am interested in... then, maybe, people would join[sub] and watch the ones of the M/C/W that they like and ignore the rest

It takes me forever to make a video... the writing... the filming... the editing... - it is not an easy process [for me]

I then do promote the videos [as I have put so much time into them] in a way I am never happy doing [FB/Reddit/Twitter/WhatsApp] - feels like I am spamming... and I'm not even operating some money making pyramid scheme

I can get 1k+ views on the videos I think are 'better'

I can't get anywhere near that on music or reaction to music videos...

I don't think my videos are good enough. At the moment. I am working on pacing... and think - as I go - I will get better...

MY SOLUTIONS [QUESTIONS STILL FURTHER DOWN]

I decided to try and make a 'quick' video. It only took me a full 20+ hours. I spent most the time on the new graphics that I will be able to reuse for new videos.

I wasn't face on camera [grr... takes too long]

I think I can have stuff [the graphics] for this style of video pre-set up... and so the time to make these videos will go down.

I think the script wasn't the greatest. I had no humour in it... and it wasn't recorded well [I was rushing a bit].

The idea was get a 'topical' video out... that I did have some unique inside knowledge on. Though 24hrs meant some of my 'knowledge' had come out and though proved right - it would have been better to have got it out first.

This video - is not ever green, I guess - it has 3k+ views.... niiiiiiice.

THE QUESTION (Finally)

Ok.

So for the quick videos I am happy to 'sell out' and follow the numbers

So instead of 'build it' and they will come... more like follow what is likely to get numbers in...

Only answer this if you are a 'dirty no good' sell out... [wink wink, I love you really]

In 'keyword explorer' what number do think is acceptable

I mean is it anything that is yellow [good] or above

I have a new video that I may make that is 57/100 Good weighted, search vol poor, comp weighted and optmization both excellent [interestingly unweighted - it's the same]

I guess I would be interested in what numbers - are good enough for you to bother making a video [if you are using the Keyword Explorer to decide which videos you go on to make]

If you don't - I actually would still be interested to know what you think

Right that was my simple question... might have used more words than I needed to... bit like my YT videos... argh

Thanks

x

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
First, do closely watch the following video on tags. It answers most of your questions:

I think the answer to your other questions really depends on what you are trying to do. I can only speak for myself. I'm working on a book, so there are certain topics I'm going to release regardless of how they rank. I DO play with the title quite a bit to get the highest keyword score I can get and I DO use SEO studio to optimize those as much as I possibly can. I mix in other videos that's topic is 100% selected via keyword explorer.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hi,

Yeah I know 'how' and 'why' I should use tags

In regards to my question -it's more a question of... if you are [anyone of you] doing videos solely on the numbers you get from Keyword Explorer... what is the min number that you will use for one of those videos...

So ones you just want to make - don't count

But the ones that you are 'selling yourself to the highest bidder' - what's the lowest amount [percentage score] you would go out for

I'm only talking about Keyword Explorer - so Tags/etc are not really the discussion I was after...

I just want to know what people's tipping point is. So I know what I should aim for. I mean is 50% enough???

Thanks for taking the time to answer xx

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think it really depends on your motives. And the answer to your question isn't the aggregate score, it is understanding the three components that make up the score. So "why" your score is what it is can help make the decision, not the aggregate score. You may decide to take a chance on a video with red search, green competition and green optimization strength. In aggregate that might only be a "57%" video, but you might want to take a chance on it.

If you want the easy answer, go for all greens. That's what the tool is there to help you do. But if you want to understand WHY a 57% video still might pop, you need to dig a bit deeper into the components of the score.