• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Finding you niche?

MidlifewithSweetT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am struggling to figure out what my niche is! I am def not a gamer, beauty vlogger, or expert of anything. I want to encourage and bring people together but I just am not sure of my value...How do you find this?

• Love
Reactions: Damon

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Experiment. Try different things. Watch your analytics to see what seems to resonate with people. Do more of the things that seemed to resonate and see if the analytics reflect interest versus a one-time interest.

You can always hide videos that are "out of your niche" once you've settled on one. But now is the time to experiment.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What kind of videos do you want to make? What kind of content do you wish to create? I, for example, like gaming and I also like teaching. I have 2 channels (of which I haven't uploaded in a while but will be again soon) of which my content revolves around these things I enjoy.

In the end, you have to take 2 things into account when figuring out what content you wish to make. You need to do what you like, otherwise creating content will become work instead of enjoyment and you don't want that. Second, you need to also follow trends. it's nice to make what you want but if there is no audience for it it will be mostly for you. So in essence, do what create what you enjoy but also make sure there's an audience that will enjoy it as well.

OP
OP
MidlifewithSweetT

MidlifewithSweetT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Sounds so easy, lol! I really want to grow a community that engages around the transitions that happen when things changeΓÇömidlife let down, empty nesting, and redefining your self.

thegaminggoose

Subscriber Goal
I am struggling to figure out what my niche is! I am def not a gamer, beauty vlogger, or expert of anything. I want to encourage and bring people together but I just am not sure of my value...How do you find this?

Don't listen to me on this specifically, but I kind of think sticking to a "niche" is over-rated and discussed too much. Yes, you need a niche for the audience to find you and for the algorithm to know what to do with your videos when and if it suggests them. But look at some of the most successful channels now. They started with a niche and pivoted a bit from it. I wouldn't limit yourself. You have to have passion first and foremost. If you don't have passion, then it will feel like drudgery and can show in your work.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You have a solid foundation. Begin by making as many videos as you can. Have fun experimenting with your content. Literally do this (and have fun!) With your first 100 videos.

By the end of your 100th yoh will have plenty of information with which to judge. It will be very easy to pick your top 10 favorite and most successful videos. At this point you can be far more specific in your approach; just start reproducing the results of these best videos!

Reactions: MidlifewithSweetT

fproject

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
[QUOTE = "MidlifewithSweetT, pos: 106542, anggota: 26569"]
Kedengarannya sangat mudah, lol! Saya benar-benar ingin menumbuhkan komunitas yang terlibat di sekitar transisi yang terjadi ketika segala sesuatunya berubah ΓÇö usia paruh baya kecewa, bersarang kosong, dan mendefinisikan ulang diri Anda.
[/KUTIPAN]
mulailah dengan dasar-dasar penelitian diri Anda, saya yakin Anda adalah seseorang yang hebat