• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Regarding YouTube Shorts

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have a huge doubt regarding Youtube shorts. I'm a lifestyle youtuber and kinda wanna post a youtube shorts in my channel. What kind of videos can I post as a youtube shorts ( i know it should be less than 1 min and not landscape and should mention #shorts in title or des) What I mean is give me some ideas for youtube shorts for my lifestyle channel. ( Lifestyle means, I show quick cooking recipes, review workouts, teach chess, clothing hauls etc) Please give me some ideas....

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
You could make shorts about pretty much any of those topics. You can do a super quick recipe, or a good kitchen trick (knife skill, herb substitution lists etc). A short workout idea or workout check in. You can tease any full length vids.

If the shorts are to compete with TikTik, think about what works on TikTok. Fashion, and cooking are popular there. Or just any funny skits - my wife and I did a green screen/walking a board from one rooftop to another.

I just took a 15 minute beach vid and made a 1 minute short as a teaser, and like it better than the full vid... but my viewers want longer than 1 minute.

• Wow
Reactions: Cheche004

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a huge doubt regarding Youtube shorts. I'm a lifestyle youtuber and kinda wanna post a youtube shorts in my channel. What kind of videos can I post as a youtube shorts ( i know it should be less than 1 min and not landscape and should mention #shorts in title or des) What I mean is give me some ideas for youtube shorts for my lifestyle channel. ( Lifestyle means, I show quick cooking recipes, review workouts, teach chess, clothing hauls etc) Please give me some ideas....
I still donΓÇÖt know much about YouTube shorts yet (i hope TubeBuddy are working on something maybe to help learn strategies and if you can rank shorts)

That said, I always found the time limit of YouTube stories (and the fact theyΓÇÖre restricted to those with over 10k subscribers) incredibly limiting at times. 1 minute definitely is a nicer healthier mobile friendly time limit to work with. I do want to experiment more with it because I think it could be fantastic for my channel. A quick 1 minute review of a pencil that doesnΓÇÖt warrant a huge video, or a quick tip video that doesnΓÇÖt require a whole 5-10 minute video.

IΓÇÖm hungry for more knowledge on the format.

I donΓÇÖt think it will take over TikTok in the traditional sense... THAT SAID, a lot of creators bring over their tiktok compilations over to YouTube anyway, this just makes it easier and more user friendly.

With a more open mind now, I see it being pretty exciting actually.

• Love
Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You could make shorts about pretty much any of those topics. You can do a super quick recipe, or a good kitchen trick (knife skill, herb substitution lists etc). A short workout idea or workout check in. You can tease any full length vids.

If the shorts are to compete with TikTik, think about what works on TikTok. Fashion, and cooking are popular there. Or just any funny skits - my wife and I did a green screen/walking a board from one rooftop to another.

I just took a 15 minute beach vid and made a 1 minute short as a teaser, and like it better than the full vid... but my viewers want longer than 1 minute.
Thank you so much! Those ideas are super cool!

I still donΓÇÖt know much about YouTube shorts yet (i hope TubeBuddy are working on something maybe to help learn strategies and if you can rank shorts)

That said, I always found the time limit of YouTube stories (and the fact theyΓÇÖre restricted to those with over 10k subscribers) incredibly limiting at times. 1 minute definitely is a nicer healthier mobile friendly time limit to work with. I do want to experiment more with it because I think it could be fantastic for my channel. A quick 1 minute review of a pencil that doesnΓÇÖt warrant a huge video, or a quick tip video that doesnΓÇÖt require a whole 5-10 minute video.

IΓÇÖm hungry for more knowledge on the format.

I donΓÇÖt think it will take over TikTok in the traditional sense... THAT SAID, a lot of creators bring over their tiktok compilations over to YouTube anyway, this just makes it easier and more user friendly.

With a more open mind now, I see it being pretty exciting actually.
Thank you so much! I really can't wait to try one of those!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Makes you wonder how much of this + the studio changes are a preview of things to come.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
In addition to the other suggestions, you could potentially use shorts as a way to explore other quick content you might not otherwise. My plan is to do a short every day in November to update my channel on my NaNoWriMo progress. I also hope to do Vlogmas with Shorts. I think I'm just excited to try the new format, and like you, I'm also not sure how to do my usual content in such a short format. :)