• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Can this Video draw Audience keeping Language Barrier Aside ?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: kitchen c/o ammama
Title of thread: Can this Video draw Audience keeping Language Barrier Aside ?
Self review: I wanted to make a special video which can be understood by everyone. I think I have made it good & Simple but I need feedback if there are any more elements I can add / delete to better it & easily understand keeping Language Barrier aside.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neby4502xVo

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33030/

• Love
Reactions: Satyavani

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Overall, very nice and fun!

Two thoughts:
- Pacing - it feels a bit long. I think you could cut through the a bits faster. The video is very charming, but by the end it was starting to feel long.
- Emoji consistency - I think removing the white background/making the white background an alpha channel on all of them would make things more consistent in look and feel.

Translates well.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama
OP
OP
kitchen c/o ammama

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Overall, very nice and fun!

Two thoughts:
- Pacing - it feels a bit long. I think you could cut through the a bits faster. The video is very charming, but by the end it was starting to feel long.
- Emoji consistency - I think removing the white background/making the white background an alpha channel on all of them would make things more consistent in look and feel.

Translates well.
Thank you for the points ! Noted !

kaybee

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In my honest opinion the video was nice and fun to watch, although I think there could be some room to improve on the transitions that you make with the emojis, personally I'd prefer to have more quick transitions that look more modern than those that you used, also I think the white background on the emoji is kinda off.
In my opinion what I would have done would be a transition between the clips and have the emoji on the bottom right corner with some bar around it, that would also make the video a bit shorter.

Regarding the language barrier, yeah, people can understand the video without speaking your language since it's pretty intuitive. Good luck!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ma'am, that was such a fun video! I really enjoyed it; your energy was infectious (I want more laughing!).

The Good:
Solid editing. You paced the video well, kept your clips short and punchy and made sure to have some unobtrusive zooming when needed. The topic is lighthearted and fun and it felt fun watching it. You made me smile... I think that speaks volumes.

The Criticism:
SILTHW pointed out a pacing issue... I tend to agree. it felt a little drawn out. That would have been solved with a little change up to the style. You did good with the various transitions but it felt like you ran out of transitions and started reusing the ones you had already done. This was most evident at the 2:15 mark. The song stops, but you just let it go right into another song.
A word of advice: a good song really acts as a foundation for the viewers attention span (In fact I would suggest watching your retention report after you publish... I'd be willing to bet it runs to around the 2:15 mark). It's a good idea to keep your content running to the confines of the song... the pacing should ideally match the tempo of the song and the scene should begin and end with the song. If the song is two minutes and you need to go five then you need to transition into the next song/scene. That can be done with a few moments of behind the scenes laughs, a little b-roll or a scene card (a black screen with some pertinent text). Things like that. This helps ease the viewer into the next portion of your video.

Ma'am I'm getting a little technical on your fun and lighthearted video. I'm sorry about that... I don't like doing that because in all honesty I really think everything that I have said is besides the point. These are technical things that will improve your video and get you better analytics. But this is a fun video for your audience, and I think that is more important than any amount of technical improvement. You served them well. Improve all you want but do not lose that genuine, upbeat feeling in your work. it is fun and inspiring and we all need more of that in our lives.

• Wow
OP
OP
kitchen c/o ammama

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In my honest opinion the video was nice and fun to watch, although I think there could be some room to improve on the transitions that you make with the emojis, personally I'd prefer to have more quick transitions that look more modern than those that you used, also I think the white background on the emoji is kinda off.
In my opinion what I would have done would be a transition between the clips and have the emoji on the bottom right corner with some bar around it, that would also make the video a bit shorter.

Regarding the language barrier, yeah, people can understand the video without speaking your language since it's pretty intuitive. Good luck!
Thank you for your honest feedback :) Points Noted.

Reactions: kaybee
OP
OP
kitchen c/o ammama

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ma'am, that was such a fun video! I really enjoyed it; your energy was infectious (I want more laughing!).

The Good:
Solid editing. You paced the video well, kept your clips short and punchy and made sure to have some unobtrusive zooming when needed. The topic is lighthearted and fun and it felt fun watching it. You made me smile... I think that speaks volumes.

The Criticism:
SILTHW pointed out a pacing issue... I tend to agree. it felt a little drawn out. That would have been solved with a little change up to the style. You did good with the various transitions but it felt like you ran out of transitions and started reusing the ones you had already done. This was most evident at the 2:15 mark. The song stops, but you just let it go right into another song.
A word of advice: a good song really acts as a foundation for the viewers attention span (In fact I would suggest watching your retention report after you publish... I'd be willing to bet it runs to around the 2:15 mark). It's a good idea to keep your content running to the confines of the song... the pacing should ideally match the tempo of the song and the scene should begin and end with the song. If the song is two minutes and you need to go five then you need to transition into the next song/scene. That can be done with a few moments of behind the scenes laughs, a little b-roll or a scene card (a black screen with some pertinent text). Things like that. This helps ease the viewer into the next portion of your video.

Ma'am I'm getting a little technical on your fun and lighthearted video. I'm sorry about that... I don't like doing that because in all honesty I really think everything that I have said is besides the point. These are technical things that will improve your video and get you better analytics. But this is a fun video for your audience, and I think that is more important than any amount of technical improvement. You served them well. Improve all you want but do not lose that genuine, upbeat feeling in your work. it is fun and inspiring and we all need more of that in our lives.
Voaaahh !!! Thank you for the feedback !!! It's the first thing I saw this morning and I loved how you expressed. I really appreciate the fact that you wrote all of that - Good & Criticism. Thank you for your words of advice. I will keep observing my audience retention at 2:15 :) and I have noted down all other points too !!

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The video is so awesome! I really enjoyed it, being an Indian, I didn't really require any sort of subtitles or anything to understand but I'd say that you can add some different language subtitles by using youtube subtitle and translate it, so other people which different language speakers can use them If they're facing any sort of issues in understanding.
Like for example, make it in Hindi/Gujrati/ and/or any different language which you're planning to target.
Other than that, all good and it was rocking :)