• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion YouTube Shorts

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Why YouTube is not revealing about YouTube shorts? Anyone who read this can revel anything you know about this?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have been using them as teasers for my next main upload. I've only done three so far, but the last one was getting normal views for a few days and then suddenly rocketed and was getting 10 - 20 views a minute (this is a lot for me), that lasted about an hour and now it's back to normal views again and I've gained 5 subs from that one short. Whether they will last or not is anyone's guess, but I'm riding the wave while they are currently popular.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I made these for @Stanley Orchard - YouTube Shorts.....

YouTube Shorts.jpg

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The whole idea of YouTube shorts feels incredibly rushed, and has been. The banning of TikTok in India ΓÇ£forcedΓÇ¥ them to launch early to get in on an opportunity while an opportunity was wide open, as well Instagram.

instagram has stories, which was taken from Snapchat which showed a dwindling following, so Instagram wanted to get in on the opportunity for short term short video, then YouTube got in on it as well, and modified it to last a week, and allow comments, but with roughly 10 seconds or so per story, it still doesnΓÇÖt live up to the tiktok trend.

Essentially with TikTok being banned in India, and the prospect of it being banned in America and other countries, YouTube saw the opportunity to strike and transfer for audiences over to their platform, but also to keep the short form factor audience onto their platform, so they early had to rush in, with very little planned, so IΓÇÖm not surprised itΓÇÖs not widely available yet.

I donΓÇÖt think it will be fleshed out until next year. But itΓÇÖs a great opportunity for them to expand out to mobile which has much shorter attention spans.

OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have been using them as teasers for my next main upload. I've only done three so far, but the last one was getting normal views for a few days and then suddenly rocketed and was getting 10 - 20 views a minute (this is a lot for me), that lasted about an hour and now it's back to normal views again and I've gained 5 subs from that one short. Whether they will last or not is anyone's guess, but I'm riding the wave while they are currently popular.
Thank you so much for the information! I find it really helpful. How often do you post videos?

The whole idea of YouTube shorts feels incredibly rushed, and has been. The banning of TikTok in India ΓÇ£forcedΓÇ¥ them to launch early to get in on an opportunity while an opportunity was wide open, as well Instagram.

instagram has stories, which was taken from Snapchat which showed a dwindling following, so Instagram wanted to get in on the opportunity for short term short video, then YouTube got in on it as well, and modified it to last a week, and allow comments, but with roughly 10 seconds or so per story, it still doesnΓÇÖt live up to the tiktok trend.

Essentially with TikTok being banned in India, and the prospect of it being banned in America and other countries, YouTube saw the opportunity to strike and transfer for audiences over to their platform, but also to keep the short form factor audience onto their platform, so they early had to rush in, with very little planned, so IΓÇÖm not surprised itΓÇÖs not widely available yet.

I donΓÇÖt think it will be fleshed out until next year. But itΓÇÖs a great opportunity for them to expand out to mobile which has much shorter attention spans.
Thank

T

Thank you so much!!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much for the information! I find it really helpful. How often do you post videos?
I post my normal travel videos weekly. I have started using the shorts in between to get a bit of interest; for example, I stayed at a holiday resort last week and made a vlog about it, but on the second night, while we were on resort, I made a 60 second short (very minimal editing - practically a live stream) of the special event fireworks. My hope is that the short is a little teaser for my subs to know what is coming up from me in the near future and if non-subs are interested in the shorts I might end up in their suggested in the future.

• Love
Reactions: Cheche004