• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Tagging Problem

Cubey

If you add half relevant tags to fill up the 500 characters space with relevant tags, will that be worse than adding the most relevant tags and only using say 250 characters?

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think it's best to use the most relevant tags possible rather than the half relevant tags, in my opinion. After you add a decent amount of the most relevant tags and you still have some space left then you could add shorter key words as tags, but make sure they are relevant to your video. It is recommended that you use at least 200 characters for tags, but I do try to get close to the character limit when making the tags for my videos.

Reactions: cherryrose02

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
If you add half relevant tags to fill up the 500 characters space with relevant tags, will that be worse than adding the most relevant tags and only using say 250 characters?

Use as many RELEVANT tags as possible. Try to come up with 500, if you can't maybe ask for help in our discord or in other places :)

• Love
Reactions: cherryrose02