• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Is your content bringing ANY value to your viewers???

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So here you are building your channel and chucking on some videos that should bring in some views, and maybe some subs, youΓÇÖre feeling great after hitting the publish button which now means your video is ON for all to see, right???

Not so fast! It isnΓÇÖt as simple and easy as one may want to think, but you can till do it albeit with some hard yakka applied.

LetΓÇÖs assume youΓÇÖve managed to upload, letΓÇÖs say 50 videos, but you still havenΓÇÖt reached your subscriber goal, whatever youΓÇÖve set that to, this is where you need to figure out if your content is bringing something to the table, is YOUR content bringing value to your viewers, is YOUR content offering something useful for your viewers, has YOUR content made a positive or constructive change to someoneΓÇÖs day?? This is where you need to go into the niche you plan on targeting and do some homework on what it could possibly need, what are the viewers hooking themselves onto in said niche, what are they missing out on that you may be able to provide? Remember, your videos you make are ALL about the viewers and what we as creators can offer them.

I believe that no matter what niche youΓÇÖre in, and what your content is about, you can do it, with some dedicated work and crafting your thumbnails and titles and descriptions and of course your content, you too can reach your goals. You donΓÇÖt need to ride a cardboard box down some stairs, or crash a supermarket trolley into a lamp post, or ride a wheelie bin over a launching pad, or something silly like that JUST TO GET NOTICED!! You just need to take your content, and add improvements to it, but how?

Watch some other content and get some ideas, see how your favorite TV shows or movies cut and splice each slide into each other, see how they add on their edits, how the cameras work is done, and how they incorporate music into the video, then apply whatever you can to your content.

Remember, excitement in your personality will radiate to your viewers and they will feel your energy, so make sure itΓÇÖs uplifting and positive and motivating for them.

IΓÇÖm gonna leave this here, as always feel free to add your thoughts :blush:

Reactions: FreeStyleKing

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
When people ask me what my purpose of making YouTube videos is, I have always said that as long as I make at least one person's day, helped at least one person out that day, or even just made someone smile while they were watching my video then I have done my job. Lately, after uploading each video I've been going to my comment section and writing a comment something on the lines of this "Leave video suggestions and ideas in the comments (within my channel's niche), and I will do my best to make those videos" because that lets me know what kind of content that my viewers actually want to watch and what they want from me. And when I do those videos in response, it lets my viewers know that I actually care about them and I'm not just uploading for myself.

But it is always good to know that you can't always please everyone and if you try to please everyone you will never be pleased with the results yourself. You just have to remember to ignore those haters, but if they are commenting on something specific in your video (like your audio is too quiet, the background music is too loud, etc), then maybe look into what they are saying and adjust just a tad to see if you get better results out of it.

These are my tips for now on this, other than to just keep going because your content and results will improve with time.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I really feel like my content isn't bringing me any value. I feel like I've not done enough or I'm not entertaining enough. However, I've decided to up my game so hopefully things will change for the better. Good luck everyone

OP
OP
DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I really feel like my content isn't bringing me any value. I feel like I've not done enough or I'm not entertaining enough. However, I've decided to up my game so hopefully things will change for the better. Good luck everyone
DonΓÇÖt worry youΓÇÖre at the start of a long journey, it could be 100 videos later before youΓÇÖll see something, but just keep at it!

Good to know youΓÇÖre upping your game, IΓÇÖm definitely rethinking where to take my channel.

Reactions: Laurenk

FreeStyleKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So here you are building your channel and chucking on some videos that should bring in some views, and maybe some subs, youΓÇÖre feeling great after hitting the publish button which now means your video is ON for all to see, right???

Not so fast! It isnΓÇÖt as simple and easy as one may want to think, but you can till do it albeit with some hard yakka applied.

LetΓÇÖs assume youΓÇÖve managed to upload, letΓÇÖs say 50 videos, but you still havenΓÇÖt reached your subscriber goal, whatever youΓÇÖve set that to, this is where you need to figure out if your content is bringing something to the table, is YOUR content bringing value to your viewers, is YOUR content offering something useful for your viewers, has YOUR content made a positive or constructive change to someoneΓÇÖs day?? This is where you need to go into the niche you plan on targeting and do some homework on what it could possibly need, what are the viewers hooking themselves onto in said niche, what are they missing out on that you may be able to provide? Remember, your videos you make are ALL about the viewers and what we as creators can offer them.

I believe that no matter what niche youΓÇÖre in, and what your content is about, you can do it, with some dedicated work and crafting your thumbnails and titles and descriptions and of course your content, you too can reach your goals. You donΓÇÖt need to ride a cardboard box down some stairs, or crash a supermarket trolley into a lamp post, or ride a wheelie bin over a launching pad, or something silly like that JUST TO GET NOTICED!! You just need to take your content, and add improvements to it, but how?

Watch some other content and get some ideas, see how your favorite TV shows or movies cut and splice each slide into each other, see how they add on their edits, how the cameras work is done, and how they incorporate music into the video, then apply whatever you can to your content.

Remember, excitement in your personality will radiate to your viewers and they will feel your energy, so make sure itΓÇÖs uplifting and positive and motivating for them.

IΓÇÖm gonna leave this here, as always feel free to add your thoughts :blush:

I like what you write, that makes perfect sense and as I see it this is how it should be naturally.

For example on my channel this is the way how I've started and moved step by step. My channel is still the small one and I know that it is because of my niche and need for it in society in this moment. But that just made me to go and learn how to make my videos better, to learn a bit about SEO, to search for collaborations which can bring better content quality on the end. All that helped me to develop more video format for my channel and to make a better plan for the channel. Of course that 5783 subscribers would be nicer then 275 (which I've got now), but in the same time all this challenges actually are building my new content which is much more valuable thing for my channel.

Thanks for your post, wise words and thoughts.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Awww! Thanks for the positive reply. Yes, I'll try harder and hopefully bring some better content.

Good luck with your channel, I am sure you'll do amazing :grinning:

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
DonΓÇÖt worry youΓÇÖre at the start of a long journey, it could be 100 videos later before youΓÇÖll see something, but just keep at it!

Good to know youΓÇÖre upping your game, IΓÇÖm definitely rethinking where to take my channel.

Aww thank you for your positive reply! I am definitely going to start creating better content.

Good luck with your channel, I am sure you will do amazing :grinning:

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I know my tutorial offer a lot of value to the viewers, all the thumbs up and positive comments tells me that. I'm struggling a bit with my let's plays since I personally like another type of let's plays compared to the norm inside my niche.

Biggmatt

www.BiggMatt.com
Subscriber Goal
A couple people as in actually just two but my content has helped people on themighty . com and it's been published in 12-step program's books I hope I do good on YouTube on I don't see why I won't it always takes me a little while to build up a profile but although I'm a new vlogger on my 30-year blogger and YouTube is a new challenge because I'm dyspraxic. I think it's hurting my initial views but once people look past my poor speech it makes my words even more meaningful

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I got this comment three weeks ago:
Hey I just wanted to let you know that IΓÇÖm really enjoying this series. I got diagnosed with Leukemia so IΓÇÖve been down to youtube all day to pass time. This series has been fun to follow to pass time. Thanks for the content

With this followup from the same person a few days later:
Perfect timing upload. Great episode while getting my chemo. To bad of the draw

Just to be able to have that effect on one single person, making his time in pain a tiny bit easier, makes it all worth it. All the long hours working on my channel.

• Love
Reactions: SILTHW