• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why is music so popular on YouTube?

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Isn't music popular everywhere? Not just on YouTube? Also YouTube is free.

You had multiple generations growing up watching music videos on MTV back in the days, isn't YouTube the major place to get music videos in 2020?

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
There is tons of free music to listen to. I would expect it to be popular.
There are rumors you can easily download the MP3s from YT... but I would know nothing about that...

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Because ANYONE can upload and publish music (if they created it) and you literally donΓÇÖt need a record label to publish music and get people to listen. Some people just like listening to music in the background. IΓÇÖve been listening to music on YouTube for probably a decade, long before I knew you could upload to it. ItΓÇÖs just fun to listen to music on it, listen to old songs you might have forgotten about etc, and itΓÇÖs got the added bonus of music videos.

• Love

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think one of the really cool things about YouTube is that you can learn new production techniques, then post your creation using those new techniques. And that build a community. Look at people like Andrew Huang who would have never reached the audiences they have if it wasn't for the interactivity with an audience YouTube provides them.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I enjoy the older music videos, stuff from my childhood memories, and thanks to YouTube those still exist to this day :blush:

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Because everyone loves music. We all enjoy different types of music (I might enjoy rock music while others might enjoy rap or country), and you don't have to have a paid subscription to anything to just search up the name of a song on YouTube and listen to it through someone's video. There are tons of videos for every genre of music, so you will always find music in a category you like by searching on YouTube for it.

MasterEd

Because you can find music of all genres and moods, with integrated video, with copyright and without copyright, the latter is the key to the popularity that YT has gained in recent years as far as music is concerned. Copyright-free music literally abounds at YT. Check it out for yourself :) Many music authors have been encouraged to release part of their musical repertoires to achieve a larger audience. You can confirm this by checking the music author accounts that have their channels on both Soundcloud and YouTube and share their music.