• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to get more watch time?

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I take my friends phones when they are not using them and playing my whole playlist in their phones. I know non of my friends are watching my vidoes till the end. So in that way i collect watch timee. It actually works.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The downside of this is if your friends aren't interested in your niche, say they're gamers or watch a lot of gaming videos and you're a beauty channel, it could encourage the algorithm to show your videos to other gamers because your friends really like your videos, but those people will probably skip over your videos and that will reduce your CTR and then impressions - just something to keep in mind. :)

Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No actually they are girls and love my beauty channel. but here in my country internet is expensive. So when I have free internet I play their playlists. Thanks for the details though.

Reactions: Kari B

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That's interesting approach hacking your way to get monetised but not sure if it's a long term solution to increase your watch time...

I'd be checking your analytics to figure out which type of videos give you most watch time and maybe focus on those videos. :)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I take my friends phones when they are not using them and playing my whole playlist in their phones. I know non of my friends are watching my vidoes till the end. So in that way i collect watch timee. It actually works.

I have to be honest, this is a waste of time. Trying to game the system in this fashion will backfire surely. What's the point of getting watching time if you won't reach the 1000 subs necessary to monetize because you're boasting your watch time with artificial views and not focusing on making content that viewers want to see and thus potentially subscribe to watch? And even if by some chance you managed to get 1000 subs and 4000 view hours through this method to monetize, it's still pointless if you get stuck doing this and your channel doesn't grow. It would require thousands if not millions of views to make any kind of profit from YouTube and you can't get that without actual views and subscribers.

OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That's interesting approach hacking your way to get monetised but not sure if it's a long term solution to increase your watch time...

I'd be checking your analytics to figure out which type of videos give you most watch time and maybe focus on those videos. :)
Thanks for your reply. What I'm saying is I dont only depend on this for my watchtime. I'm doing this to make sure I'm catching the missing minutes of my friends. Once I monetize my channel I'm going to put more effort into my content

I have to be honest, this is a waste of time. Trying to game the system in this fashion will backfire surely. What's the point of getting watching time if you won't reach the 1000 subs necessary to monetize because you're boasting your watch time with artificial views and not focusing on making content that viewers want to see and thus potentially subscribe to watch? And even if by some chance you managed to get 1000 subs and 4000 view hours through this method to monetize, it's still pointless if you get stuck doing this and your channel doesn't grow. It would require thousands if not millions of views to make any kind of profit from YouTube and you can't get that without actual views and subscribers.

Hey there I appreciate your thought. I dont only depend on this. This is just a minor fact that people dont really do other than creating good content.