• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Custom Extention Enable functionality

HTFGamesStudio

I think you need to create a new settings page to active or disactive specific general functionalities. I refer to:
1) Loading each video statistic each time you open one.
2) Loading the last 30 days statistics of a channel when you view its page (for example I dont need it when I watch at my own channel home)
3) Loading all the tubebody tools when you edit a video
All this tools use a lot of CPU and make people lose time coz of lagging when they, for example, render a video and want watch a video in meanwhile. I'm forced to disactive tubebody each time coz of this.

Another functionality we need is when you edit a video. By default you immidiatly load all the tubebody functionality once someone start editing a video. Immagine someone has to edit only the thumbnail or correct a mistake in the description in 10 videos oppening 10 tabs that load all the tubebody tool take so much resourses that the browser start lagging even on high end pcs. To solve the problem you need to add some switches that enable and disable specific functionalities and place in the general settings the option the keep them all off when you load the page. This way you can enable only the functionality you need. For example if I need to add new keywords I enable the tab that suggest with keyword to pick. Also, the fact that each time it analyses each time you edit a video the position in the search results for each keyword make the oppening of the editing too slow.

In other words, there are too much functionalities in the tubebody that get a lot of resourses from the CPU and RAM that make me shot down the extention in firefox that I use constantly and get it on only on chrome. This way I open the youtube pages I need on the tool only when I need it. But I think you have to add these functionalities considering that is a extention a lot of creators pay for and get these performance issues isnt a good think for a payed extention.

Reactions: Ikerot

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That sounds like something useful I have to admit.
It would be very nice to have a way to turn off certain features.
Make them all turned on by default so new users never miss them but allow others to turn off features you want.

OP
OP
HTFGamesStudio

HTFGamesStudio

That sounds like something useful I have to admit.
It would be very nice to have a way to turn off certain features.
Make them all turned on by default so new users never miss them but allow others to turn off features you want.

When I load 10 youtube video edit pages with TB off it takes me 2 seconds to process it and allow me to edit what i need to edit. While if I do the same thing with tubebody on it takes over 10 seconds and once loaded the page it has a latency of 1/2 seconds each time i click somewhere in the middle of the description. That makes it impossible to work with multiple video editing at the same time with the extention on.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
We do have something similar to what you're talking about. You can edit within your settings on https://tubebuddy.com/account on what you want to see in your TB extension. I do like the idea of adding in more options so people can turn off features they don't use all the time, so I'll give it a thumbs up :)

1603125365908.png

OP
OP
HTFGamesStudio

HTFGamesStudio

We do have something similar to what you're talking about. You can edit within your settings on https://tubebuddy.com/account on what you want to see in your TB extension. I do like the idea of adding in more options so people can turn off features they don't use all the time, so I'll give it a thumbs up :)

Probably the tubebody extention is made on javascript. In this case, you can use this code to create the on-off switch for each feature window and place them near the top right corner of each feature like you have the X button in the channel analytics. Is enough to replace it with the on-off switch and script to load or not the code based on the option. Example of the on-off switch code: https://proto.io/freebies/onoff/
Then you create a boolean array in the account settings and add in the server the save of the last options enabled and disabled by the user this way the system will remember what was on and off last time this way it load by default the last user setup. This is enough to use the "get the html code" in the example i linked previously.

For advanced programming and optimizing the overall performance you can create a specific CSS file to use in order to avoid codding this each single feature but to replace the feature code with the call to the css code and send to it the variable of the class name responsable of loading specific code.