• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Do you ask your friends and family to subsribe?

Museumbrunch

Subscriber Goal
I am relatively new to Youtube and just posted 10 videos.
Some are getting more views and I have added a few subcribers along the way.
It's fun and I know my niche and going to continue uploading on a regular basis.
Considering on a long term basis, is it better to promote my channel to friends and family?
My channel is not in my name and I have created a different account for the channel. I haven't really shared the videos on my personal social media and wonder if that is the right move or just try to get people who are in my specific niche.

helenaionita

Subscriber Goal
Really,did you watched my video?do you have any tip for me so i can improve?
I shared the video,s link but i don,t want them to subscribe to my channel,but to give me their feedback so i know their point of view.
At first i was afraid to start and i postponed makeing the channel for more than 2 years now,but at begining of september i decided,and i had some personal thing to fix and now,i am finally online,and i feel good about this

Reactions: Cheche004

JoyChinese 乐学中文

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Really,did you watched my video?do you have any tip for me so i can improve?
I shared the video,s link but i don,t want them to subscribe to my channel,but to give me their feedback so i know their point of view.
At first i was afraid to start and i postponed makeing the channel for more than 2 years now,but at begining of september i decided,and i had some personal thing to fix and now,i am finally online,and i feel good about this
I went to your channel, and I found 1 video there. It looks good. I think you probably should upload more to attract more views. About the video content, I feel you can separate different movement into different videos, and make each video 5-10 min, explain each of them more detail. In this way, you will have more content and the person who watch your video might learn easily. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: helenaionita

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't share my videos on my personal social media too often because I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming and they might not be interested in the content I've been posting, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having your friends and family support you because that is what friends and family are for other.

Reactions: Museumbrunch

helenaionita

Subscriber Goal
True,friends and family should be suportive,but actually this was the reason i didn,t start earlier,because i was afraid they might judged me to hush and i wanted to be 100% sure about what i wish to post and be really confident when starting

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I don't for one major reason. They would add to my subscriber number, but they would not watch my content. It isn't interesting to them. And I don't want subscribers that don't watch my content because it doesnt help me long term, and probably hurts me as a small channel.

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you have supportive community around you I would definitely recommend sharing with your friends and family.
They may not be your most valuable subscribers but if you can explain to them how to support you and they will do it it can help you get some traction :)

But definitely don't beg them to subscribe. Its worse for your analytics having people to click through to the video and just jump out of it right away.
If you think/know they will watch your videos and are willing to help you out go for it!

And you never know maybe you gain some genuine subs from your friends/family :)

OP
OP
Museumbrunch

Museumbrunch

Subscriber Goal
I don't for one major reason. They would add to my subscriber number, but they would not watch my content. It isn't interesting to them. And I don't want subscribers that don't watch my content because it doesnt help me long term, and probably hurts me as a small channel.
That is exactly my thought

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I asked my family and friends to share my videos and my channel. Don't underestimate the power of word-to-mouth. However, I did not ask them to subscribe. I told them only to subscribe if they really like it.

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
I am relatively new to Youtube and just posted 10 videos.
Some are getting more views and I have added a few subcribers along the way.
It's fun and I know my niche and going to continue uploading on a regular basis.
Considering on a long term basis, is it better to promote my channel to friends and family?
My channel is not in my name and I have created a different account for the channel. I haven't really shared the videos on my personal social media and wonder if that is the right move or just try to get people who are in my specific niche.
I don't see anything wrong with sharing your channel and videos with friends and family, although for me, my expectations of their response far surpassed the support they actually provided me. I have around 270 Facebook friends and I got maybe 2 or 3 subscribers when sharing there, even though I post there every other day. I did better by actually texting people directly, but it's all about finding the right person who is interested in your content and will be a promoter for you. I recently reconnected with an old high school buddy. He came over to hang out, and before he had driven all the way home, he already convinced 4 other people to subscribe to me.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would only ask family and friends who I believe might enjoy or at least appreciate my content. As a gamer, it's not easy for me to get family members to check out my channel. I know few people in my age range who are gamers like me. Most people I know who are gamers I have met online.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I did not ask them specifically, but I shared my channel on social media. They can sub if they want. If they are not going to watch the vids, I really do not want them to sub. I would rather have a small active community, than artificially inflated numbers.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi ! just one thing .. Why do you want to to ask them to Subscribe ? Get that clear before proceeding.

I asked them and they did subscribe but it's of no use. Not all watch my video and at the end I get less views( " real views " ).

Understand their pulse, if they are into it , then you can ask them. Otherwise , No Use.

Yes, Subscribers help to get your channel Monetized but what wins at end is views.

Analyze and go ahead ! Everyone's situation is different. All the best for your Channel !

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

dcrafted

TubeBuddy User
www.dcrafted.com
Subscriber Goal
I havent asked yet but i share them on social media and they know its my channel, although no support come from them in terms of comments or subscribe, although i am not sure if they watch.

But you should share to your friends and family i believe, not only it adds numbers but they advice you better too.