• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Anyone used Drumitup?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone used Drumitup?

I have seen it recommended on one of the Facebook groups I'm in, to help get your video out there, but I've never heard of it before. It looks like a social media sharing platform - you share someone's video and then you can put up one of your videos to be shared.

Is it worth it? did you get views? are you now knee-deep in spam?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm not familiar with that... but honestly I wouldn't be interested. I just don't agree with the premise.

These platforms/groups/aps etc offer to share your content... but they are all very vague on the audience that it gets shared to. I don't believe in wasting time/effort/money on any of them when that is exactly what YouTube excels at, and they are going to do a far better job that will only require a cut of the ad revenue after it has been earned.

i know I have ties to TubeBuddy, but for anybody considering any amount of promotion/marketing with a limited budget should really put it towards something like TubeBuddy in order to get the most out of the marketing and promoting that YouTube has mastered. Not only is there are far greater potential for far more views buy the information gained from those views is incredibly valuable. You don't get that from those sites.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone used Drumitup?

I have seen it recommended on one of the Facebook groups I'm in, to help get your video out there, but I've never heard of it before. It looks like a social media sharing platform - you share someone's video and then you can put up one of your videos to be shared.

Is it worth it? did you get views? are you now knee-deep in spam?
I don't know this one, but I get probably 2-3 of these messages in email or on LinkedIn a month. The challenge I have is that I don't know "who" the other people are and so I don't know if they are real people or bots. In many of the cases, I'm fairly certain I am being offered bots.

I think asking like you did is the right thing to do, but I'm still not certain I would use a service because of the risk.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't know this one, but I get probably 2-3 of these messages in email or on LinkedIn a month. The challenge I have is that I don't know "who" the other people are and so I don't know if they are real people or bots. In many of the cases, I'm fairly certain I am being offered bots.

I think asking like you did is the right thing to do, but I'm still not certain I would use a service because of the risk.
Thank you, I think LinkedIn is one of the places you can share so it should be real people, but could also be bots and God knows we don't need any more of those in our lives - I got my first naked lady bot comment the other day, looks like I'm on my way to the big time :thinking: :laughing: :joy::joy:

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Thank you, I think LinkedIn is one of the places you can share so it should be real people, but could also be bots and God knows we don't need any more of those in our lives - I got my first naked lady bot comment the other day, looks like I'm on my way to the big time :thinking: :laughing: :joy::joy:
I just got my first dislike! I was genuinely happy!

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm not familiar with that... but honestly I wouldn't be interested. I just don't agree with the premise.

These platforms/groups/aps etc offer to share your content... but they are all very vague on the audience that it gets shared to. I don't believe in wasting time/effort/money on any of them when that is exactly what YouTube excels at, and they are going to do a far better job that will only require a cut of the ad revenue after it has been earned.
Do you mean paying for YouTube ads? I've done ads on Facebook but not YouTube, I'll be honest I wouldn't even know where to start looking. I only did Facebook ads because they offered me a free £5 credit.

I just got my first dislike! I was genuinely happy!
Wow, you're handling it better than I did, I got really upset about it - but I was shiny new and thought it would kill my channel because YouTube wouldn't put out videos that people didn't like. Have you had your first hate comment yet? I got my a few months ago, apparently, I suck!

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Wow, you're handling it better than I did, I got really upset about it - but I was shiny new and thought it would kill my channel because YouTube wouldn't put out videos that people didn't like. Have you had your first hate comment yet? I got my a few months ago, apparently, I suck!
Just some weird ones. I got the "nude models" immediately but turning on the filter seemed to stop that issue.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just some weird ones. I got the "nude models" immediately but turning on the filter seemed to stop that issue.
I see some people have had hundreds but I've only had one, straight after uploading a new video, I didn't need to delete it, YouTube must have shut it down pretty quickly because it disappeared - such a shame because she thought I was a 'really hot girl'

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Do you mean paying for YouTube ads? I've done ads on Facebook but not YouTube, I'll be honest I wouldn't even know where to start looking. I only did Facebook ads because they offered me a free £5 credit.
Ive done Facebook ads in the past, same kind of deal with the discount. On it's own the ads didn't do much for me, but we had a campaign that included radio and television ads so they may have helped hype up our event. I just don't trust or buy into any of these marketing groups, ads etc. For a fee they all claim to do exactly what youTube does, just not as good.

Reactions: Kari B

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
For a sec there, I thought it was going to be a website about chicken legs. Anyways, the design of that site looks quite outdated. It reminds me of those sites I used to use when I was younger lol. Sure, it kinda gives you views, but that's pretty much it. You get very surface level 'engagement' since everyone on that site is there for advertisement and not necessarily "looking" for other videos. Unless it's like a favor4favor (in which case it's against YT's ToS).

• Haha
Reactions: Kari B
OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For a sec there, I thought it was going to be a website about chicken legs. Anyways, the design of that site looks quite outdated. It reminds me of those sites I used to use when I was younger lol. Sure, it kinda gives you views, but that's pretty much it. You get very surface level 'engagement' since everyone on that site is there for advertisement and not necessarily "looking" for other videos. Unless it's like a favor4favor (in which case it's against YT's ToS).
Now I'm hungry :laughing: From what I gather you share someone else's video on your social media, and then you can post your video for other people to share, so it's playing very close to favour4favour. You can pay to boost your videos higher up the search chain, which I assume is how they make their money.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't use a paid service or a website like that to have someone boost my videos so that they are higher up in search rankings because we don't know exactly how they are going to go about boosting those videos. Even if they say that they aren't or won't do this, they could use bots to raise the view count, like ratio, etc of the video which isn't good for your channel or the video. I also wouldn't invest or participate in any type of favor4favor (view4view, sub4sub,etc) because those people are most likely gonna be people who aren't interested in your content, so they likely won't watch your videos and they might be likely to unsubscribe later.