• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question My channel empty of subscribers

fproject

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
did you all go through the same thing as me? I'm having trouble getting subscribers on my channel

Last edited by a moderator:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Please do not promote your channels in sections where it's not allowed. Here's a link to the Forum Rules to ensure there are no issues in the future. Thank you.

Reactions: aeverinezinn

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
thumbnails are good, SEO is good, you need way more videos, you also using content that gets a lot of clicks or should I say chicks. if you are going to be doing that put pictures of the chicks in the thumbnail and minimal text. I bet you get a lot of clicks just because you are showing off girls. Good luck, you need more content 100 videos. Go! lol

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@SonicNebula has given some good pointers, but hereΓÇÖs another tip that isnΓÇÖt really thought about but does have a somewhat impact, hiding subscriber numbers, maybe show the subscriber numbers and see what difference that can make.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Not only has every single person here been through this stage... every single person who ever made content ever has been through it. Just make videos. You'll fet there.

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
@SonicNebula has given some good pointers, but hereΓÇÖs another tip that isnΓÇÖt really thought about but does have a somewhat impact, hiding subscriber numbers, maybe show the subscriber numbers and see what difference that can make.

Last point on the review of his channel. the niche he is doing he may get tons and tons of clicks but maybe not subs due to, being embarrassed. I love these videos but if anyone sees me subbed to a channel that shows women doing this what are they gonna think of me? lmao, its only a thought. it actually may hold no water.

My real question was to You, do you think showing sub number helps hiding helps or doesnt help? and thirdly what if your sub knows are low, do people care to sub to a low sub channel??? People like to follow the leaders and winners. not usually the small guy. I will give an example of this in a game actually. there is a game called conquerors blade, you do live battles for terrority. whoever wins people flock to their side. if they lose they will quit. most people do not lead they follow and they want to be on that victory train. this may not pretain to youtube but I think it might. when do you see a channel with 100k subs subconciously do you think its easier for that person to accept that sub button over a person that has a 100? so in theory, if you find it no one knows that takes away that subconcious reaction. you're just subbing not knowing anything could that benefit a small youtuber in the end due to humans wanting to follower leaders not the under dog? I personally root for underdogs my entire life btw. but majority of humanity is not like that. I did not mean to get that deep on you but I am trying my best to explain this theory. because i would love a clear answer.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@SonicNebula great piece of writing there, yeah this whole hiding vs showing the subscriber numbers is a bit of a cross road kind of situation, I found a thread on it here:
Most channel owners prefer to show their sub numbers, especially when the numbers are in the 4 or 5 digit range, but at the same time itΓÇÖs no big deal in hiding it, except itΓÇÖs something a viewer may think twice before considering a subscribe, anyways itΓÇÖs just a suggestion and worth a try for the OP of this thread :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Looking through my channel history for the first few months, before I had about 10-20 videos, I found it a struggle to get any more than 5 or so subscribers. My videos were too generic (but I wasn't interested in sub growth, I was interested in building a collection of videos worth watching) so it took me about 30 videos, and 3ish months to first hit my 100 subscriber milestone.

As the saying goes "build it and they will come"
Focus less on subscriber count, and focus more on video upload counts. More videos give you more chances of a subscription. (of course, studying thumbnail design, title strategies, video optimisation, all of which can be found on the TubeBuddy channel, learning from early on to improve your best practices and learning how to optimise videos, and learning how to plan for future videos based off data, will definitely push you in the right direction. But don't stress too much about the sub count.

Ali Humaidi

alihumaidi.com
Subscriber Goal
Building a YouTube channel is giddy, but to be consistent and maintain a YouTube channel is difficult, especially since the number of subscribers and viewers is still small, it must be very lazy to create content on YouTube. therefore you must take advantage of YouTube SEO so that your YouTube videos are found by people. In this case you can take advantage of TUBEBUDDY.