• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Social Bluebook

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Good morning,

Who knows what happened to the free social bluebook access we all had? I was trying to log in but it is requesting that I have to subcribe. Now that is not what I bargined for. It was free for some features, so what made them change.

I mean, can't this apps help small vloggers a little with little features? Feeling very down by this.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I just went to login and it accepts my password... but takes me to a payment page. Looks there is no free level anymore. I never saw anything there worth paying for, so I guess I am done with them.

Oh, I did find on the TB tools, on the YT Dashboard, a link to "valuation". It opens a page with your value as set by Blue Book. So we can see it through TB, but can no longer log in to the Blue Book site on our own. that is good enough for me.

(Note to moderators - I would have edited my comment... but for some reason it was held for moderation... feel free to merge the comment if you want)

• Love
Reactions: Blessing

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I experienced this, too. I'm really annoyed that I can't even access my own personal account information to delete it without entering a credit card. That, alone, confirmed that I will never pay them a dime.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it used to be free for one use only, basically to setup. Not sure what it's like for new users who have never used it, but I basically had to pay $20 for it to update my stats. It's an "industry standard" estimate, so if you've already used it once, Dee Nimmin suggested just paying for the one month to let it update your stats.

The one thing I don't like about it, is because it's "industry standard" the industry uses it when evaluating profile valuations. BUT your stats don't get updated unless you pay to have them updated (which is why I haven't really used them since I had about 15k subscribers) so the industry comes to see the valuation, but if you don't pay to keep your stats updated, it essentially shows potential sponsors a much lower stat than what your channel SHOULD be getting because you choose not to pay to update it.

Reactions: HeatherPsyD

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think it used to be free for one use only, basically to setup. Not sure what it's like for new users who have never used it, but I basically had to pay $20 for it to update my stats. It's an "industry standard" estimate, so if you've already used it once, Dee Nimmin suggested just paying for the one month to let it update your stats.

The one thing I don't like about it, is because it's "industry standard" the industry uses it when evaluating profile valuations. BUT your stats don't get updated unless you pay to have them updated (which is why I haven't really used them since I had about 15k subscribers) so the industry comes to see the valuation, but if you don't pay to keep your stats updated, it essentially shows potential sponsors a much lower stat than what your channel SHOULD be getting because you choose not to pay to update it.

Do you think it's worth it to maintain your social bluebook profile and periodically update it in order to essentially remain 'relevant' to potential sponsors OR going in, signing up for the free week (using a credit card), then deleting your information?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you think it's worth it to maintain your social bluebook profile and periodically update it in order to essentially remain 'relevant' to potential sponsors OR going in, signing up for the free week (using a credit card), then deleting your information?
I haven't updated mine in a while because I'm still debating sponsorships at the moment, so having a channel valuation isn't hugely important to me yet, but I probably will update it once I want to reach out to sponsors.

Personally I'd update it yearly if you're in the 1k area. Once you get to 10k, if you're growing more rapidly, I'd update socialblade ever year to every half year. and if I ever hit 100k, I'll probably consider updating it every 6 months to ever quater just like any other business.

if your subs and viewcount are growing rapidly, it's a better idea to update your stats if you're wanting to work with sponsors. But if you're not considering sponsors, or your growth isn't massive, I'd say it's safe to wait a year or 2.

I think it's been 2-3 years since I've last updated. I set up one when I was at 10k, and actually, I think at the time you needed 10k to actually qualify for a social bluebook profile. I then updated it when I hit 20k, which was roughly a year or 2. I haven't updated since, but I probably will. $20 isn't a huge price and you can write it off as a business expense depending on how taxes work in your country.

Kulture ChroniK

kulturechronik.fr
Subscriber Goal
I haven't updated mine in a while because I'm still debating sponsorships at the moment, so having a channel valuation isn't hugely important to me yet, but I probably will update it once I want to reach out to sponsors.

Personally I'd update it yearly if you're in the 1k area. Once you get to 10k, if you're growing more rapidly, I'd update socialblade ever year to every half year. and if I ever hit 100k, I'll probably consider updating it every 6 months to ever quater just like any other business.

if your subs and viewcount are growing rapidly, it's a better idea to update your stats if you're wanting to work with sponsors. But if you're not considering sponsors, or your growth isn't massive, I'd say it's safe to wait a year or 2.

I think it's been 2-3 years since I've last updated. I set up one when I was at 10k, and actually, I think at the time you needed 10k to actually qualify for a social bluebook profile. I then updated it when I hit 20k, which was roughly a year or 2. I haven't updated since, but I probably will. $20 isn't a huge price and you can write it off as a business expense depending on how taxes work in your country.

Kulture ChroniK

kulturechronik.fr
Subscriber Goal
I also noticed that Social Bluebook was chargeable. So I don't understand why social bluebook is still linked to Tubebuddy when there is no longer any advantage. Am I wrong ?
If not, do you know of another site / service that allows you to know the value of your youtube channel and social networks?