• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Nintendo Switch - Thoughts?

Jonti Sparrow

I know Nintendo isn't really a hot point in YouTube, due to their aggressive stance against 'fair use'. But I'd still love to hear your folks thoughts on the console!

Personally, I think it's a move in the right direction, the 'gimmick' of the mobile screen doesn't feel too 'gimmicky' and actually feels like a useful innovation. But the cost of the unit and cost of online play will hamper it.

Nintendo needs to get into the groove of being the 'second console' for most people and price/adjust accordingly.

Jonti

TechRage

TubeBuddy Pro
Pre Order already put in so i can review it on my channel :) as well as the pro controller for it.. so cant wait for that to come

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I love the nunchuck-style controllers, but other than that, (if I had money) I wouldn't buy it during the first year. I'll wait until the next year come by when there are more games I'd want to play :F

Cybie

Recognized Member
I would love to get the Switch at launch just for Zelda alone. With everyone else, money is the issue.

I also have bad experiences with buying consoles at launch. I had to send a Wii back one time which was one of the very first batches that came out of the line and some select ones had overheating issues on stand-by mode due to faulty heatsink from the overuse of thermal paste at their factory. And lucky me, I end up getting one of those Wii's. I will credit Nintendo for the speedy warranty RMA and service and they have kept me as a customer due to it.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I think the Switch is kinda cool, but the controllers, when you turn it sideways to use it, it's going to cause wrist and finger problems because it's so short.
Not only that, but personally, it sucks because I can't get it. I don't make enough money and I'd rather the money I DO make go towards my dream $17000+ PC, lol.
Remember: that is my dream PC ;)

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
I have mixed feelings about the Switch. I just HOPE it will be awesome. But for now I am just very pessimistic that it will be a good console.

Reactions: DragoNate

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I have mixed feelings about the Switch. I just HOPE it will be awesome. But for now I am just very pessimistic that it will be a good console.
I agree. Nintendo unfortunately hasn't done the best job in things. They make good stuff and unique stuff, but don't do the best...