• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice Cloud storage

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
What is the best cloud storage. I am not picky on speed or another app needed. I just wanna k ow who is the cheapest and has the biggest storage possible so I can work on my android from work if I can.... I dont recommend sugardaddy if you work in a partnership they make everyone pay an account even when I only want to share mine plus it was a free year plus it's small. That's my own advice I do have. Please let me know guys thanks

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Personally I use Googe Drive. Since I do everything on mobile this is a quick and easy way to have my work backed up. I don't have much frame of reference, but I have been using Google for several years and am pleased with them.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
What is the best cloud storage. I am not picky on speed or another app needed. I just wanna k ow who is the cheapest and has the biggest storage possible so I can work on my android from work if I can.... I dont recommend sugardaddy if you work in a partnership they make everyone pay an account even when I only want to share mine plus it was a free year plus it's small. That's my own advice I do have. Please let me know guys thanks
Any of the majors work well. Google Drive, MSFT OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. Most of these have a free tier to start with and then you pay when you get past a certain size.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use google Drive to upload videos from my phone to the computer when I do not have the charger on me. It can fill up pretty quick though without buying more storage since the limit is 15GB. (This is where my multiple gmail accounts come in handy, cause when it fills up on one I can just use a different one if I don't want to delete anything from the drive to make room for the new video files).
You can also use DropBox, but I think you only get 2GB free of storage without paying for more storage. You can also try checking out the other cloud storages that others have suggested.

OP
OP
SonicNebula

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
no offbrands that want to compete against the big boys by giving more space and cheaper to get into the game huh?

OP
OP
SonicNebula

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Personally I use Googe Drive. Since I do everything on mobile this is a quick and easy way to have my work backed up. I don't have much frame of reference, but I have been using Google for several years and am pleased with them.
I used google drive myself for years but the free premium that I had for years finally stopped. - I am going to do a hunt. I will post rates if anyone is even interested in the information but I understand the trust and the habits of using the old established ones. like one drive and google drive.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I used google drive myself for years but the free premium that I had for years finally stopped. - I am going to do a hunt. I will post rates if anyone is even interested in the information but I understand the trust and the habits of using the old established ones. like one drive and google drive.
Honestly, the best strategy long term is to invest in a NAS and have the NAS backup to cloud. My NAS intelligently uses OneDrive and Google drive as backup. I also use native backup to AWS S3 Glacier for long-term storage and backup. My monthly AWS bill is <$5 a month.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Whow... @SILTHW I don't know the first thing about what you are talking about but that sounds intriguing. What is a NAS and do you need a computer to run it?

@SonicNebula not only would I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate that information I would assume that researched well enough it would make for a solid video on YouTube.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
@Stanley Orchard The best thing about a NAS is you DON"T need a computer to run it. It stands for Network Attached Storage, so you just throw it on your network. It uses 2+ hard drives configured in a way so that if one disk fails you don't lose data. The two big ones out there are QNAP and Synology. I personally use Synology. What I do is backup to the NAS using software that comes with the NAS. That covers Phone as well as my Mac and PC. Then on the NAS I have it backup to OneDrive and Google Drive for personal documents and personal things. For large files (e.g. video files) I use an included service that backs up to Amazon S3 Glacier. My Glacier bill runs less than $5 a month.

The nice thing about NAS technology is it grows with you. So you can start small and grow.

I'm a bit sensitive to this topic because I used to use external hard drives for backup and due to the changes in ports on computers as well as just mechanical failures, I have years of film and TV work I can't access.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man that is incredibly insightful and valuable info, thank you!

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
The nice thing about NAS technology is it grows with you. So you can start small and grow.
That sounds fascinating. Are there services that set everything up for you? Because I'm terribly afraid there's going to be more involved than "throw it on your network", especially for occasionally technically impaired people like me. :joy:

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
That sounds fascinating. Are there services that set everything up for you? Because I'm terribly afraid there's going to be more involved than "throw it on your network", especially for occasionally technically impaired people like me. :joy:
LOL, I know everyone has a different comfort level with tech, but it really is about as simple as it gets. Funny enough, there are wonderful walkthroughs on YouTube for how to get them setup and running. And Reddit has dedicated subreddits for both qnap and synology with quick-start guides.

With that said, there is a cottage industry of people who set them up for you. Usually your local PC repair or service shop.

• Love
Reactions: Growing Up Walls
OP
OP
SonicNebula

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
cloud computing. you can even build one for free with amazon. I went with google not the biggest storage but its cheap and the tools and the way it shares. yeah...... I use one drive too but mostly for important documents. I found one ten TB but no software and they only wanted you to use your phone and I'm like you know what screw it googles drive always been easy to use and for sharing so I'm going to stick with it. get the 2tb. sync it to w/e I want same with one drive, however. do explain your AWS, The utility alone of google drive is lovely.

I hear you loud and clear @SILTHW I am storing everything all the files that I want backed up but mostly all the youtube files organized and filed away on a 4 TB 3.1usb external drive/ I am hoping this lasts me a while and never dies. now syncing it to google drive. but explain to me why you are backing up ur cloud storages to the amazon is it a cloud host/computer? or am I thinking something different?

cloud technology is changing and I heard about hey screw VPS services just get on amazon or google and build your free cloud computer I'm like wait. what.

if i am in need of a cloud computer it would be well lol im not saying it here but if i ever did i would need a service that is very private. but i am using a vps for forex trading but its not going well all the EAs i been testing for months dont seem to have good profits. but they promise so much lol good thing most of them were free.

Last edited: