• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software openshot video editing

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I need help. I searched YT, Reddit, Openshot FAQ. My videos are fine 1080p, but I am running a music channel as a side project for now. The issue I am having is audio codec. Since I cannot do .FLAC Lossless. I am trying to keep all my videos up to 320kbps mp3, using 44100hz 320kbps what I tell it to set as. But it converts it to 296 or 286. i am like why? it is using ACC codec okay what codec can I use that openshot has? I cannot find a list or anything. i tried typing in some codecs like ACC-LC, but it just tells me not supported or not found. Anyone can help me find the list of codecs or just tell me what to use?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I need help. I searched YT, Reddit, Openshot FAQ. My videos are fine 1080p, but I am running a music channel as a side project for now. The issue I am having is audio codec. Since I cannot do .FLAC Lossless. I am trying to keep all my videos up to 320kbps mp3, using 44100hz 320kbps what I tell it to set as. But it converts it to 296 or 286. i am like why? it is using ACC codec okay what codec can I use that openshot has? I cannot find a list or anything. i tried typing in some codecs like ACC-LC, but it just tells me not supported or not found. Anyone can help me find the list of codecs or just tell me what to use?
Hey, we chatted a bit on Discord.

Do understand, the average human can't tell the difference between 320kbps and 296kbps. And once you've normalized the sound, etc. it would be truly hard to know the difference. If you were mastering something that would get put on physical medium that small difference could matter. But generally speaking you are fine.

Are you hearing issues?

OP
OP
SonicNebula

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
no issues. just wanted the best audio I can get as a music channel. Thank you for your help and information. now how do i get my legend status on the forum hmmm... :p

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
no issues. just wanted the best audio I can get as a music channel. Thank you for your help and information.
Outside of Neal Young (started Pono), very few people feel it needs to be at that fidelity. Realize YouTube normalizes all audio to -14 lufs and adds compression, so even if you submit it at that sample rate it will never go out at that rate