• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined Share on Instagram

CalabacinGaming

www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
I could not find anything related to Instagram posts integration (like twitter)
Would be nice to have this feature, and maybe even labeled as "post on social media" button and you share the same message and image for both platforms.

I know IG does not support links on posts, but since via browser you can copy & paste text, I think is still worth it to keep my feed updated with the new content.

Apologies for not bringing this up in my twitter thread.
I made a new thread, just because of the search while typing feature, to avoid duplicate threads :)

Thanks and keep the great work!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think this would be possible. The way posting on instagram works, and the way sharing on twitter works are completely different. Twitter works via html and text, Instagram is all visual for the most part. On twitter you can easily just past a url or type in text to form content, with Instagram you need to actually manually upload a graphic image so you can access the description feature and I just don't think that would be possible. It might be, but probably not in a way that wouldn't get you shadow banned on Instagram.

I'm not a web developer or programmer so maybe there's a way, but from the way I know about Instagram I don't think it would be possible.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think this would be possible. The way posting on instagram works, and the way sharing on twitter works are completely different. Twitter works via html and text, Instagram is all visual for the most part. On twitter you can easily just past a url or type in text to form content, with Instagram you need to actually manually upload a graphic image so you can access the description feature and I just don't think that would be possible. It might be, but probably not in a way that wouldn't get you shadow banned on Instagram.

I'm not a web developer or programmer so maybe there's a way, but from the way I know about Instagram I don't think it would be possible.

Sadly is is pretty much to what I was told, and with FB getting more strict in general with their API I don't think this is possible, but I WOULD love to see it :/

Reactions: Beanie Draws

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I am in support for this because of how big and popular and how you can explode on Instagram. or at least make it easier for us to post on Instagram obviously it has to be on the mobile or Nox player ;) But, It would be awesome to be able to somehow make it easier to take a thumbnail of the video the 720 one..... post it on Instagram then afterward put in URL and description that way it adds to your Instagram posts. I already had this idea to do this the hard way and I guess I need to follow through. custom a photo sorta for the video and upload it to Instagram and just post a comment with a URL and description. no way to add it to mobile share on Instagram, pick a photo, either from phone or get a photo from here youtube thumbnail original size. if you want to use this photo u have to download it first then reload then upload then reload and tell users to add details? this would not be legal? I still think making the process longer instead of more simple is still easier than having to do it manually. if anyone is understanding what I am saying? unless someone can tell me the easiest program to transfer images to the phone while on the computer doing videos. The point is I need to stop being so darn lazy I guess. But time is an issue for me. maybe I just need to focus on one thing at a time day today after work. But any way you can add it even if it has more than one step would be cool i am just saying.
tenor.gif

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
And what is that? Will you please share it!
if TB allows me to share it? I dunno the TOS on it with Instagram so I am using it at my own risk. firefox addon Instagram plus DM, free version and a preimum. if im breaking forum rules dont hurt me.

"Instagram plus DM" - literally what its called no edit button auto combine?

Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal