• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Christmas Plans

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes I know itΓÇÖs still a long way, but itΓÇÖll creep up quicker than you think, but anyways, whatΓÇÖs everyone planning for this years Christmas? Now IΓÇÖd imagine after what 2020 served us, itΓÇÖll be different for sure, weΓÇÖre probably gonna just do the same as our Halloween get together, usually we gather with our students and have a Christmas party, but again, not gonna happen this year.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It doesn't look like we'll be having a traditional Christmas this year as normally my family all go to one person's house after dinner and open presents together, but with group restrictions, it's going to be very difficult. I'm not excited about Christmas at all this year, I'm just counting down the days to New Years so we can all yell Jumanji and get the heck out of 2020.

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
For me, with my Christian beliefs, the highlight of Christmas has always been Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. That will not change although it will be a little weird this year without carols.
To get our family together we have organised two events respecting current rules, but they can all change.

So mentally we have planned for the worst and pray for the best

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
We just finally cancelled our plans to go to St. Lucia. We've been getting out of the country for Christmas for all but 1 of the last 9 years. So we are at a total loss for what to do this year.

• Sad
Reactions: residentcasuals

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be fair, Christmas probably won't be that much different to any other year because I have a pretty small family. So will most likely revolve around spending time with my dad and Auntie. The thing that will most likely be very different is how I get to visit my grandmother. Not sure how that's going to work with covid and restrictions.

Not sure when I'll be visiting my Mother's resting place, but seems that involves no human contact, the only thing will be if there will be travel restrictions (it's about a 100k drive to the cemetery)
How I've done christmas the last 2 years has been visit my mother's resting spot either christmas eve and then drive to my Auntie and stay over at her place and christmas day, my dad would come to her house and spend time with my cousin, OR, visit my mother's resting spot christmas morning, then spend the rest of the day with my dad. We haven't done big dinner gatherings for a while. I do tend to find christmas a bit depressing now, especially after losing my mother, so it feels more like a time to mourn and reflect on better times, which is kind of sad, but hey, sometimes that's life.

It's another reason to spend time with the family, but other than the music and what's on TV, christmas isn't really that differant to any other day except the amount of travelling that's involved.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes I know itΓÇÖs still a long way, but itΓÇÖll creep up quicker than you think, but anyways, whatΓÇÖs everyone planning for this years Christmas? Now IΓÇÖd imagine after what 2020 served us, itΓÇÖll be different for sure, weΓÇÖre probably gonna just do the same as our Halloween get together, usually we gather with our students and have a Christmas party, but again, not gonna happen this year.

To get something positive for the mods here hahaha and the users ;)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I always do a lot of baking around Christmas, so will for sure do a lot of baking this Christmas. I enjoy making fudge (both peanut butter and chocolate), cookies ( several kinds, one kind is sugar cookies with icing on top of them), chex mix , and some other things. My family usually also has steak or ham for Christmas dinner. For Christmas shopping this year, my family and I will probably rely on Amazon (I mean we use Amazon a lot anyways, but we usually would do in-store gift shopping too for Christmas) to avoid big crowds.
My family also always plays a lot of board games during Christmas. Another thing my family always does for Christmas is watch plenty of Christmas movies (Christmas Vacation is one of our favorites). When it's closer to Christmas, we also wait for it to get dark and then we go ride around looking at Christmas lights that other people have put up outside their houses.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am not down on the details of what my wife and her family are planning since they tend to change as time goes by but so far here what I have planned.

I plan on doing the biggest decoration of my home ever. I've dreamed of making my living room feel like the room where Christmas will live forever. But I've never had the finances to do it. Now I can plus I found a way to do it without breaking the bank plus I am gonna let my creativity run wild this time and create a masterpiece. I'm in an apartment so my decorations will be indoors, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also plan on doing this one thing I have failed to do for more than a decade. I've been trying to do the 25 Days of Christmas movies I saw on TV years ago but every time we try life gets in the way and I end up disappointed I failed. This year I will make it work. In a way, COVID will be the reason but I already have a list of movies to fill the 25 days with my family. It might be my last chance now that my oldest is 22 and ready to move on with his life.

As for my wife's plan with her family, they supposedly plan on doing a sleepover with us. I guess my mother in law living here is making my sister in law want to stay here instead. None of my family is close to me so it will be just my wife's family but I'm ok with that. Hopefully they won't change their minds between here and there.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
We usually go over to my parents for holidays, but my father is immunocompromised so that's out of the picture for all of us to meet. I think we'll try to do a video chat or Zoom call at the least. Different, yes, but thanks to technology, it won't be completely isolating.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The same thing I do every year. Try not to get sick.
I don't think we can et this one go without a bit of elaboration...

We usually go over to my parents for holidays, but my father is immunocompromised so that's out of the picture for all of us to meet. I think we'll try to do a video chat or Zoom call at the least. Different, yes, but thanks to technology, it won't be completely isolating.
I wonder how many people are in this boat this year? It's going to make for an interesting holiday season for sure.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My wife is french so we do one year in the UK and one year in France. Hopefully we'll be able to go to France this year, she's missed home a lot.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I plan to head back to the south for a bit before Christmas, but will stay in LA for my Christmas. We use to do a TB Christmas party, but I don't think it will happen anymore :/