• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question About Channel Performance

Feraldy Naufal

Hello folks!
A video I uploaded at September 25th was the best performing so far.
It has 700+ view, 44 likes, and 14 comments.
My recent one (posted October 4th) doesn't come even close, with 22 view, 1 like, and 5 comments.

It's not surprising though.
The one on September 25th was a remix of popular music at the time (from Devil May Cry 5).
I just ride the wave of momentum.
The recent one was a remix of rather obscure music (from Naruto).

With that being said, I wonder if my overall channel performance will go down, stays the same, or go up?

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
My youtube friend recently created a reaction video on a famous singer a week ago she has got 3,777 views so far her average is around 200. Two days later she tried to ride on this wave with the same singer and his sister and so far has only 600 views or so. So its a tricky one.

Reactions: Feraldy Naufal

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you make the remix yourself? Using other people's music is always going to be a gamble, not only in view performance, but weather your videos will get copyright claimed or not, and in terms of music for games, it's whatever game's more popular with audiences. What kind of remixes do you do? I think to add a cool spin on things, instead of just focusing on making remixes of music... show a video of you making the remix, that's generally more interesting, otherwise you're at the whim and hope that someone is interested in listening to davil may cry remixes, or naruto remixes.

Technically speaking (according to some) a poor performing video out of the gave, will give indications to YouTube that people weren't as interested in that content, and might not be as likely to like future content, so there's the possibility that future videos won't be suggested/recommended as much. There's not much you can do to improve suggested/recommended outside of improving the average watch time which is less to do with the views themselves, and more to do with how MUCH was watched.

how long was each video. how much % was watched. If both videos are 10 mins long, and one is watched for 6 minutes, but the next one people drop out at 2 minutes, that will technically hurt a little, but I don't think too drastically.

I will say this though. I've NEVER subscribed to a remix channel. I really enjoy listening to remixes, but I generally never subscribe because there's very little chance that the songs they upload will be interesting to me. I like specific songs, so I search for specific songs and I generally don't care who made the song. There's one exception to this rule and that was "The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra" but that was because he did so many orchestrated remixes of games I loved, and it was a safe bet he was going to keep releasing songs I liked, but generally it's rare that I'll subscribe to channels that do remixes.

I've also noticed that channels that do remixes or even just compilations, generally have one or two massive videos, then the rest get maybe a few thousand, but the channel it'self rarely ever has more than 1000 subscribers, usually in the 100's so it seems with music remix channels it's better to focus on individual songs rather than chasing a magical number. Make the songs, do a bit of research into popular games that have INTERESTING music, and try to catch onto those trends.

Reactions: Feraldy Naufal
OP
OP
Feraldy Naufal

Feraldy Naufal

Did you make the remix yourself? Using other people's music is always going to be a gamble, not only in view performance, but weather your videos will get copyright claimed or not, and in terms of music for games, it's whatever game's more popular with audiences. What kind of remixes do you do? I think to add a cool spin on things, instead of just focusing on making remixes of music... show a video of you making the remix, that's generally more interesting, otherwise you're at the whim and hope that someone is interested in listening to davil may cry remixes, or naruto remixes.

Technically speaking (according to some) a poor performing video out of the gave, will give indications to YouTube that people weren't as interested in that content, and might not be as likely to like future content, so there's the possibility that future videos won't be suggested/recommended as much. There's not much you can do to improve suggested/recommended outside of improving the average watch time which is less to do with the views themselves, and more to do with how MUCH was watched.

how long was each video. how much % was watched. If both videos are 10 mins long, and one is watched for 6 minutes, but the next one people drop out at 2 minutes, that will technically hurt a little, but I don't think too drastically.

I will say this though. I've NEVER subscribed to a remix channel. I really enjoy listening to remixes, but I generally never subscribe because there's very little chance that the songs they upload will be interesting to me. I like specific songs, so I search for specific songs and I generally don't care who made the song. There's one exception to this rule and that was "The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra" but that was because he did so many orchestrated remixes of games I loved, and it was a safe bet he was going to keep releasing songs I liked, but generally it's rare that I'll subscribe to channels that do remixes.

I've also noticed that channels that do remixes or even just compilations, generally have one or two massive videos, then the rest get maybe a few thousand, but the channel it'self rarely ever has more than 1000 subscribers, usually in the 100's so it seems with music remix channels it's better to focus on individual songs rather than chasing a magical number. Make the songs, do a bit of research into popular games that have INTERESTING music, and try to catch onto those trends.
Wow, thanks for the insights!
I see that there are a lot of anime or video game music channels that do well.
It's true that remix channels don't do well.
Most of the anime and video game music channels are cover channels.
I just realized it by now.

Back then I did video game music covers though.
Maybe I should go back to that format, or as you say, making videos about the creation process.

Reactions: Beanie Draws