• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question The Translations Post! Does it work? Looking for tips and guidance!

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Translations of videos! I have heard that it could potentially open up your videos to wider audiences. The problem with Youtube is that it can not detect your words in videos and translate it for you. Something I wish could be done! The TubeBuddy translate tool I tested out when I had a Legend trial license was great but I only managed to translate the title and description if some of my videos on my other channel.

So my questions are: does anybody know any great free websites that you can use to translate your videos into other languages?
And are there any other great tools apart from the likes of google translate that can help you?
Thank you!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Translations of videos! I have heard that it could potentially open up your videos to wider audiences. The problem with Youtube is that it can not detect your words in videos and translate it for you. Something I wish could be done! The TubeBuddy translate tool I tested out when I had a Legend trial license was great but I only managed to translate the title and description if some of my videos on my other channel.

So my questions are: does anybody know any great free websites that you can use to translate your videos into other languages?
And are there any other great tools apart from the likes of google translate that can help you?
Thank you!
The problem with translating a video, is currently the translation is only auto, or you need to manually fix it up line by line which gets both time consuming and expensive. I don't think there are any free options. I might wait to see what YouTube has cooking up for when they bring captions into new studio. Considering Google owns YouTube, and they own Google Translate, it only makes sense that eventually they'll provide the option to natively translate in an automated way.

The problem there however, is even the auto captions aren't always terrific, and sometimes outright horrible, inserting profanity when there is none, so just imagine if auto translation accidentally translated some profanity and you didn't even realize it.

Creator Insider mentioned an update to permissions for community captions where you can allow trusted users access to translate your captions, so that may be the only/best option. But we shall see. Someone else might have better insight.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal

Thank you!
I've posted in a few other threads about doing some experiments with Rev. I do see views from the target countries, but I don't have enough view volume to really determine if it is worth it. My gut says go where your audience is versus go to try and build an audience.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog