• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life What's the "craziest" new thing you've done during covid?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm watching the Game Grumps and they keep referring to covid as "the Back Street Boys Reunion Tour" because saying covid used to get them demonetised, and at this point, giving covid it's own little name kinda makes it a little more "fun" than just calling it a pandemic.

Anyway, I decided to stop shaving until life gets to a covid normal... which means I haven't shaved in about 4-5 months, which means I now have quite a formidable beard. I also decided to shave the sides of my head to go back to my more punk roots, I figure no one is really going to see me (unless I film myself, but I don't typically film myself) so I figured I can get a little crazy with experimenting with my hair. It's kinda the thing to do really, do crazy things with the hair that you'll regret instantly because no one's going to see anyway and we can't go see hairdressers :p

So what's the "craziest" new thing you've done. And I put "craziest" in quotes because obviously we don't want anyone being unsafe or doing anything dangerous... but shaving your head, maybe reading the dictionary (like Mr Beast did a few years ago) are the "Fun" kind of crazy things I mean. Something you'll look back on and laugh and go "boy, what a time"

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
November will be 1 year since I've had my hair cut. What started as being too busy to get it cut became my "COVID hair". I've already decided to let it go another year. Funny thing is I went the opposite on the beard. I had a long, full beard that I shaved down to a Van Dyke beard.

Both of those are made possible by the craziest thing I did during COVID. I quit my job July 1st.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
Cutting my hair off (and discovering that, despite being a woman in a fairly conservative office environment, 1/2" long hair is my best look) and starting a YouTube channel (and finding that even though I'm such an introverted, shy, private person, I kind of really love filming myself and putting out videos).

I quit my job July 1st.
Oh my goodness, I hope congratulations are appropriate because I just want to say - CONGRATULATIONS!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Cutting my hair off (and discovering that, despite being a woman in a fairly conservative office environment, 1/2" long hair is my best look) and starting a YouTube channel (and finding that even though I'm such an introverted, shy, private person, I kind of really love filming myself and putting out videos).

Oh my goodness, I hope congratulations are appropriate because I just want to say - CONGRATULATIONS!
Thanks! It is a good thing. I may go back to corporate life again, but for now I'm enjoying the ability to focus on things I want to focus on!

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I got into warhammer 40k, now I have three armies and I've spent £200 on models.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Putting my daughter through a course of vaccine shots, just had another one today, she reacted to this one, hence why I havenΓÇÖt been on here lately :confused:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have honestly not done much. I do what's necessary to maintain as close of a normal life for a family that already stays at home even before the virus, like go to the supermarket, fast food from time to time and work. Beyond that I think I have simply binged on TV more than I did before.

Reactions: Beanie Draws