• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life What are you doing for Halloween 2020?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I know the world is changing with how they treat public events now, where some countries are still in lock down, and others are more or less re-opened now, but with Halloween being a traditionally American centric holiday, how do you celebrate, and how WILL you be celebrating this year? Do you celebrate at all? Some people don't bother with Halloween, and some countries are more culturally excited for Halloween than others.

In Australia, Halloween isn't as big as it is in America, but we're culturally getting more involved now. Typically it isn't celebrated in the city outside of nightclubs, and with social distancing and nightclub lockdowns, it's not looking like we will be having any Halloween themed nightclubs this year. Halloween is more of a suburban thing in my area of Australia, but even then it's very limited

Me personally, I'm getting some of my Halloween decorations out. My early adult years were spent at goth clubs, so I'm very versed in Halloween, and sometimes embracing Halloween as an all year round thing, but this year I'll be limiting my celebration to decorating my apartment and maybe putting out some Halloween themed videos.

What are your plans? How do you traditionally celebrate, if at all, and how will you be doing it this year?

Reactions: Bambang Hermanto

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
My wife is a huge Halloween fan. As I type this she is outside decorating the house. When we loved in Washington, DC we used to get more trick-or-treaters than we had candy, no matter how much candy we had. Here in Arizona we have had very few come to the house.

This year we have my nieces staying with us, so my wife is really excited to do something. But we are waiting on the city and county here to release their guidelines on how to do this during the pandemic. My daughter, who is a chef, has said they are already booked to the max they can accept reservations for given the current restrictions. So it looks like people want to do something!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Nothing.gif
:laughing:

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, living in China, IΓÇÖll probably get together with my good friend/boss (haha yes I work for my good friend, no it hasnΓÇÖt harmed our friendship), and some of the other teachers and have a gathering at our local, we usually go trick or treating with the students (in case youΓÇÖre wondering, itΓÇÖs becoming very popular here), but because of what 2020 has served us, well no one is willing to volunteer and be part of this festival, so weΓÇÖll just hang out at our local, and have our own little festival :blush:

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We were having a huge Halloween (wedding) anniversary party this year, but now that we can't have more than six people together in the UK we've had to cancel it, so my husband and I have booked a mini-break away and I'm planning a couple of vlogs. We're big Halloween fans and each year we add a new skeleton decoration to our spooktacular trick or treat (garden) cemetery - this year's was a dachshund. My husband made a full size, handcrafted coffin for our wedding and the neighbours thought he had done away with me because I was very ill leading up to the ceremony and barely left the house. :thinking::scream::skull::laughing:

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I do like Halloween in theory, but it was more fun when my kids were little and I could take them trick-or-treating. I don't particularly like handing out candy at the house, though, and because of where we live (on a busy highway) we don't get kids anyway. I probably won't be doing much except eating some discounted candy I can scoop up on November 1st.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I canΓÇÖt wait for my girl to get bigger, that way she can enjoy these fun festivities and get into them, Halloween, as discussed with some of my students, is the only time where we can dress up as ANYTHING, so if you wanted to dress up as a toaster, you could (youΓÇÖd still get laughed at but itΓÇÖs all for fun) :blush: :laughing:

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I know the world is changing with how they treat public events now, where some countries are still in lock down, and others are more or less re-opened now, but with Halloween being a traditionally American centric holiday, how do you celebrate, and how WILL you be celebrating this year? Do you celebrate at all? Some people don't bother with Halloween, and some countries are more culturally excited for Halloween than others.

In Australia, Halloween isn't as big as it is in America, but we're culturally getting more involved now. Typically it isn't celebrated in the city outside of nightclubs, and with social distancing and nightclub lockdowns, it's not looking like we will be having any Halloween themed nightclubs this year. Halloween is more of a suburban thing in my area of Australia, but even then it's very limited

Me personally, I'm getting some of my Halloween decorations out. My early adult years were spent at goth clubs, so I'm very versed in Halloween, and sometimes embracing Halloween as an all year round thing, but this year I'll be limiting my celebration to decorating my apartment and maybe putting out some Halloween themed videos.

What are your plans? How do you traditionally celebrate, if at all, and how will you be doing it this year?

Thinking about just spending times watching Halloween specials and being with people I love not much, but a lot of fun!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm probably not doing much of anything for Halloween this year because of everything going on in the world this year. I might bake some Halloween cupcakes just for fun or something, but I'm not sure about that because my birthday is 3 days from now anyway, so I'll be having cake then. In past years though, I have made Halloween cupcakes where I would buy white icing and turn it orange or purple with food coloring, so that they would be Halloweenifyed (do you like my word I invented?). I also will probably just go to the store and pick out some of my favorite candy (maybe even shortly after Halloween so it will be cheaper).

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I am going to go to a drive-thru haunted house.
Jessica
That's pretty cool! I know the Tim Trackers (if you've ever heard of them?) have done that :) kinda an exciting concept :)
We were having a huge Halloween (wedding) anniversary party this year, but now that we can't have more than six people together in the UK we've had to cancel it, so my husband and I have booked a mini-break away and I'm planning a couple of vlogs. We're big Halloween fans and each year we add a new skeleton decoration to our spooktacular trick or treat (garden) cemetery - this year's was a dachshund. My husband made a full size, handcrafted coffin for our wedding and the neighbours thought he had done away with me because I was very ill leading up to the ceremony and barely left the house. :thinking::scream::skull::laughing:
my friends did a halloween themed wedding (my friend is a typical goth lol)

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just remember, where thereΓÇÖs a Halloween festival, thereΓÇÖll be a dentist out there somewhere rubbing hands together :laughing:

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Back in the old country (the US) I used to love the big street parties on Halloween. But they are canceled this year, and I am in the Philippines. Here, all they do is go have picnics in the cemetery... but this year the cemeteries are closed for 4 or 5 days to discourage congregating.

One of the local beach bars is run by an expat and is having a Halloween party, I may attend that. But I will have no costume this year. My wife will likely not go, so I may just stay home with her.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Halloween is in about 20 minutes for me, and it's going to be a Saturday so I will at least sleep in tomorrow if nothing else. I don't plan on doing anything big for it, but I will probably go to the store and buy some of my favorite candy (might wait until November 1 so the candy will be cheaper)

Just About Random

Was going to be the first time my fiancee carved a pumpkin but due to the country being under lockdown, and not living together, that plan went right out the window. But on the bright side the tripod I ordered online is arriving today so it might be a great time to start filming my first video to go up on YouTube then get on to some horror movies. Any recommendations on some good horrors to watch for Halloween?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Wel, I should have posted a picture, but as previously implied, I dressed as "The Dude" fro the Big Lebowski and handed out candy to the ~20 kids that showed up.