• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined Filter to distinguish between paid advertising and normal growth

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
We sometimes use youtube advertising on videos to give them a promo boost. But then when you have so many videos sometimes you start to loose track which have been promoted and havent been. Is there a way you could create a tool to show the dividing line between these?

Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I assume you mean which videos YOU have promoted of your own video rather than others. But as most people advise against youtube advertising unless it's advertising a product, I feel something like this might convince people to start trying youtube advertising without investigating it properly and treating it like a buying subs tactic which will actually hurt the channel long term than help so I don't think it's a wise idea personally, but might be good for business type channels.

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
We some times use it to advertise our videos which are unboxing videos of products. The strange thing I have found is that it boosts views but doesn't seem to produce any comments or subscribers from it. Which I find odd.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We some times use it to advertise our videos which are unboxing videos of products. The strange thing I have found is that it boosts views but doesn't seem to produce any comments or subscribers from it. Which I find odd.
I don't find that odd at all, I'm wondering why you would advertise an unboxing video? I'm also wondering why anyone would want to click on an ad of an unboxing video. I understand clicking on an ad for a video PROMOTING a product if you're the actual manufacturer of the product, or if you're promoting a course... but advertising a video of you unboxing someone else's product... I don't get it? Those views you get from that advertising is probably from people breifly curious, and then they click away. I don't find it odd at all that you're not getting comments or subscribers from it.

Also, go into the average view duration of some of these videos with advertising. Very curious to see if people actually watched much of the video.

But overall, it does seem easier to just pay to advertise a video and expect views and subs, but if you don't know what you're doing in terms of targeting, and marketing... it's like putting money into stocks without knowing what you're doing, and then wondering why you lose profits when the stock market is about investing and boosting profits.

So again, for a business I can see the benefit of this, but definitely not for the average user.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Well yes, this means it's being played in front of other videos in an ad screen and MOST don't click through to watch the ad on the YT video page.... As for the request due to how YouTube and the ad side are separate this wouldn't be entirely possible... sorry about that :/

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I find it very misleading when people flex about their monetising journey but then revealing that it was paid.
We stopped any form of paid promotion last year. As our whole perspective has changed completely since we have grown and learnt more and more about Youtube! So I totally agree with you!