• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice promoting channel

CuppaTeebs

Hello Everyone is Well

I was just wondering how other people promote their channel. I tell people by word of mouth and connect with people through Instagram and TubeBuddy, has anyone else found other platforms useful? I only use messenger for Facebook so I wonΓÇÖt be using facebook

Instagram: cuppateebs
Twitter: cuppateebs

thanks guys, also hereΓÇÖs my newest video and subscribe if you want to

ΓÇ£cooking mac and cheese angryΓÇ¥

View: https://youtu.be/bjXCbKHkxrQ

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well I only promote here in the promotion thread and through YouTube itself, I very rarely promote on Facebook now as I find it quite a mess, and full of sub4sub spammers, Instagram is also quite a good place to build up, Reddit is ok but IΓÇÖm not really getting the feel of promoting there, and discord was the worst place to do anything.

By the way, be careful posting links, there are rules at the top of each forum, read through them and do your part to keep this place free of spam. Thanks.

OP
OP
CuppaTeebs

CuppaTeebs

Hey

thanks for responding, yeah I wanted to be careful of spamming people
But IΓÇÖll have a look into other platforms
Oh okay no worries thanks for the heads up :)

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey

thanks for responding, yeah I wanted to be careful of spamming people
But IΓÇÖll have a look into other platforms
Oh okay no worries thanks for the heads up :)
No worries, IΓÇÖm just doing my part to keep these forums clear of any unnecessary links, especially after the mess I kept encountering on Facebook, just keep it clean, be nice, socialize, and ask any questions you have, and remember to post in the right forum, other than that welcome to the forums (if youΓÇÖre new here) :) :blush:

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I used FB in the beginning to promote my channel from my own Fb account. It helped me a lot bringing new subs but yes when I stopped promoting, views and subs that were growing seem to be stopped. They were actually not the real sub for my channel as I don't get views from them when I upload a new video. Now I solely trying youtube to be the source of views and subs, using content creation strategy.
I find that nothing really can be better than YouTube itself, time and patience is quite a factor when it comes to building a channel.

Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Mostly trying to build organic growth through YouTube. Focusing on get my videos to show up in good positions in search. But sometimes when I have relevant videos that I know wont be considered spam or annoying I may post them on relevant places.

You should be careful when it comes to posing your videos around the web since if they reach people not interested in your content they may click the video and leave the video in a few seconds giving the video a very bad audience retention which could reduce it's potential to do well in the YT algorithm.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm very new, so this may not be helpful. I agree with what everyone has said about the best growth coming from YouTube.

I also have a dedicated Twitter just for announcements of new videos, and to communicate if I'm away for a while. Some of my favorite gaming YouTubers use this also to connect with folks, and since I prefer it greatly over Instagram, that'll be my intended use.

I have a dedicated FB page also just for announcements of new videos, but so far I've only invited two of my best friends to that page, so it's kind of useless at the moment. But again, some people prefer FB over Twitter, and it's a place I can reach out and put statements since I don't have the community tab yet.

I post once to my personal Twitter and Facebook page so my friends see I've posted something new in an attempt to grow my audience with people I know, but I don't expect huge results from that since I'm pretty conservative in numbers with my Twitter and FB friends.

And that's about it! As long as I post regularly, every few videos someone new subscribes. Every once in a while someone unsubscribes, so growth is very, very slow since I'm not out there chasing trending topics. But I'm getting there! And best of luck to you, too!

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
Hello Everyone is Well

I was just wondering how other people promote their channel. I tell people by word of mouth and connect with people through Instagram and TubeBuddy, has anyone else found other platforms useful? I only use messenger for Facebook so I wonΓÇÖt be using facebook

Instagram: cuppateebs
Twitter: cuppateebs

thanks guys, also hereΓÇÖs my newest video and subscribe if you want to

ΓÇ£cooking mac and cheese angryΓÇ¥

View: https://youtu.be/bjXCbKHkxrQ
I've found that if it comes up during normal conversation, I have a very good subscriber conversion rate via word of mouth, but I'm only having lengthy conversations with people every so often so that isn't scalable. Twitter has gotten me 4 or 5 Subscribers but I had to work very hard to find them. My friends and family on Facebook have not come through like I imagined they would. I'm thankful to the couple who did, but it was like 1% of my Facebook friends. Then, I think texting people directly worked better than anything else for me, but again, not scalable. I've exhausted that list. It seems like putting in the time to hone in on good SEO, and producing a large library of high quality videos is really the way to go so YouTube itself has the information it needs to promote your videos.