• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Can we know who's unsub our channel in periode of time ?

V_Ball

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys,

i'm still new for start my youtube channel,

Can we know which account unsubscribe my channel in periode of time ?

Thanks

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys,

Thanks
Short version, no.

Long version. If the subscriber makes their subscriptions public, you can figure it out manually. If they make their subscriptions private, there is no way.

OP
OP
V_Ball

V_Ball

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Short version, no.

Long version. If the subscriber makes their subscriptions public, you can figure it out manually. If they make their subscriptions private, there is no way.

i see, Thanks bro for explaination,
that's why when channel who still new like me with not many subs, still can know if my subs decrease , but i don't know why,

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
i see, Thanks bro for explaination,
that's why when channel who still new like me with not many subs, still can know if my subs decrease , but i don't know why,
It happens. Try not to let it bug you. @DamoΓÇÖs Paintings did a post about this.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not to sound mean or anything, but why would you want to know that anyways? The best thing for your channel is continuous and consistent uploading of content that HOOKS viewers to what youΓÇÖre presenting, I just wrote an article about this unsubscribing thing, as @SILTHW pasted on here (BTW, thanks heaps @SILTHW )

Reactions: V_Ball
OP
OP
V_Ball

V_Ball

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not to sound mean or anything, but why would you want to know that anyways? The best thing for your channel is continuous and consistent uploading of content that HOOKS viewers to what youΓÇÖre presenting, I just wrote an article about this unsubscribing thing, as @SILTHW pasted on here (BTW, thanks heaps @SILTHW )

thanks bro, i understood now

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys,

Thanks
There's no way to see WHO unsubscribed, but you can see HOW MANY unsubscribed. Normally one to ignore, but can be very insightful on a per video basis. So I'll turn this from being about how to know who unsubscribed, and more, what video's caused the most unsubscribing, which is far more valuable data for future video planning.

Screenshot (1099).png

So I've lost 9k subscribers. I could have been on my way to 40,000 but such is life :p (just so you don't get too absorbed with unsubscribers, know some have lost significantly more subscribers)

Screenshot (1100)_LI.jpg

there you can see on an individual video basis, how many subscribers a video brought in, and lost over time. Well, on this graph I think the drops above the line 0 line are from when no one subscribed from that video, but at the start you can see I lost 4 subscribers from this video, but gained some from this one too

subs lost.PNG
and here you can see in the red, out of the gate, this video LOST me some subscribers, but then started gaining me some subscribers. They probably unsubscribed because they FORGOT they subscribed, and my lack of consistency caused them to no longer want to subscribe

closed accounts.PNG

And here you can see I lost 715 from closed accounts.

So there's a range of reasons why you'll lose subscriber, and the WHY is more important than the who, the data can sometimes help understand WHY.

That's the best you can do and of course, focus on making more content that gained you subscribers, and less of the content that lost you subscribers.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Generally we cannot even see who subbed. I don't think they will ever show who unsubbed. Personally I don't sweat it. I look at the trend. As long as I gain more than I lose... I am doing fine.

Reactions: PinayLifeUSA

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
So there's a range of reasons why you'll lose subscriber, and the WHY is more important than the who, the data can sometimes help understand WHY.

This is an incredibly helpful insight. Thank you!

Do you feel like you need to be a channel of A Certain Size to get benefit from this? Because at 25 subscribers I feel like there's just not enough people watching for me to gather these kinds of clues yet, but possibly once I get closer to 100, or 1,000.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is an incredibly helpful insight. Thank you!

Do you feel like you need to be a channel of A Certain Size to get benefit from this? Because at 25 subscribers I feel like there's just not enough people watching for me to gather these kinds of clues yet, but possibly once I get closer to 100, or 1,000.
I was at 25 subscribers once, but I also only had a handful of videos so sometimes the amount of videos you have may be a factor with if someone subscribes or not. 10 videos isn't very much in the grand scheme of things, and if they are spread out over days or even weeks that won't help at all. BUT you can still get an idea of what traffic sources are bringing in or losing subscribers and it won't always be the video itself. I've subscribed to channels with NO videos because I hoped they'd start releasing some cool videos. I remember subscribing to dee nimmin a year before he first posted because it took that long for him to publish his first video.

There USED to be an unsubscribe bug. I was effected by it with a channel called bitwit, I was subscribed to him for a few months, possibly years, then one day I checked his channel and it said I wasn't subscribed. That was in 2016/17 mind you.
It never hurts to learn what you can from the subscribers analytics, even if you aren't getting much data to begin with, learning where the data is can be powerful from the very beginning.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I was at 25 subscribers once, but I also only had a handful of videos so sometimes the amount of videos you have may be a factor with if someone subscribes or not. 10 videos isn't very much in the grand scheme of things, and if they are spread out over days or even weeks that won't help at all. BUT you can still get an idea of what traffic sources are bringing in or losing subscribers and it won't always be the video itself.

Okay, sounds like it's time for me to get real familiar with my analytics pages! :)