• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Anyone ever gone to a Disney Theme Park?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Disney has some of the best theme parks out there, and I wanted to know if anyone here has ever been to them?

I've been to Disney World and Disney Land loved them both! Wanted to know about anyone here!

My favorite ride is probably Haunted Mansion, but was curious if anyone else had!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I spent a few years working for Disney and had the infamous silver pass. So I've spent quite a lot of time at all of the California and Orlando properties. Also spent time on the cruise line and at a couple of the adventures by Disney spots.

But 90% of that was for work...

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I spent a few years working for Disney and had the infamous silver pass. So I've spent quite a lot of time at all of the California and Orlando properties. Also spent time on the cruise line and at a couple of the adventures by Disney spots.

But 90% of that was for work...

WOW that's awesome! I'm sure you've seen a lot in your time! What was your favorite ride?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
WOW that's awesome! I'm sure you've seen a lot in your time! What was your favorite ride?
Tower of terror once they added the real randomization to it. Space Mountain is really nostalgic for me. Mission Space is really good as well.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I almost did last year during VidSummit but it was a last minute thing and I didn't want my experience to be rushed as it was getting close to closing time not even factoring how long it would have taken with traffic, getting from VidSummit to Disney.

Was going to spend a week or 2 this month there and then go to vidsummit after... had the tickets for the plane ready to go... :(

Might end up going to Disney in Japan at some point.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have never been to either one of them. My parents aren't big on amusement parks, but I'd love to go

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
When I lived in San Diego we went to Disneyland many times. Later, from Texas, the kids and I did Orlando Spring break every year for 12 years. One week split between Disney World, Universal, and Busch Gardens (Tampa).

I have also been to Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney. They are both neat, but kind of miniature versions.

Expedition Everest is one of the best coasters I have ever been on. Of course Space Mountain is great. I am particularly fond of Pirates of the Caribbean (before they tried to cram Jack Sparrow into it). My kids loved the World Showcase in EPCOT.

After the covid travel restrictions are lifted I want to go to Shanghai Disney next.

Did y'all hear about the layoffs at Disney? I am surprised they held out this long with no layoffs...

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been to Orlando five times and we usually go to Paris every year, but next year is looking less likely at the moment. I wanted to be a Disney character, and then I remembered I don't particularly like kids, especially small, sticky ones hyped up on Mickey bars and Krispie treats. I would love to be a full-time Disney vlogger, but unless they open one in the UK I think it's unlikely. I'm really excited about the Paris expansion and I hope they bring in some great rides like Soarin or Flight of Passage.
My favourite attraction in Paris was CineMagique, but they closed it last year, and Crushes Coaster is brilliant - just not straight after lunch. :neutral:

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Never been to any of them. They don't have one in my country nor in any of the places I have visited this far.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My wife and I went to the Orlando park, we had a great time and the atmosphere was really how I imagined it, now we have our girl, so a few years later weΓÇÖll probably find ourselves back there :)

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
My wife and I went to the Orlando park, we had a great time and the atmosphere was really how I imagined it, now we have our girl, so a few years later weΓÇÖll probably find ourselves back there :)
As much as I've enjoyed the parks as an adult, it really is a special thing to do with kids.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As much as I've enjoyed the parks as an adult, it really is a special thing to do with kids.
Yeah definitely, going there made me think back to when I was about 8 or 9, somewhere there, just wondering if IΓÇÖd ever make it to such a theme park, well yep I sure did, although slightly late to the party but I got there :blush:

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Yeah definitely, going there made me think back to when I was about 8 or 9, somewhere there, just wondering if IΓÇÖd ever make it to such a theme park, well yep I sure did, although slightly late to the party but I got there :blush:
Its funny, I worked for Disney after my kids were out of college. They still ask me why I couldn't have had that job when they were young!

That said, both of my daughters will tell you that their favorite family vacation growing up was when we did a 8-day visit to Disney and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in one of the rooms where the animals wander right outside.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
The first time I took my kids to the Magic Kingdom, my daughter was 9. As we were leaving the park I asked her how she liked it. She paused and said 'it was good, but not as magical as I thought it would be. I think I had my expectations too high'. 12 years later I took the kids and their mates. My son's girlfriend (Alex) was 21 and every time I looked at her, all day, she was in tears. She would meet a Princess and cry. Coming out of Philharmagic she cried. She said it was so magical and the best day of her life.

I reminded my daughter of what she said on her first visit and told her that she was supposed to act like Alex ha ha

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Vidcon, yes. I also went there 2 other times a year - for NAMM, and an Enterprise IT conference. I've done livestreams from the Disney hotels.

Love the haunted mansion. So many great rides in Disneyland, and California Adventure.

Unfortunately, I haven't been to the Star Wars parks yet.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Its funny, I worked for Disney after my kids were out of college. They still ask me why I couldn't have had that job when they were young!

That said, both of my daughters will tell you that their favorite family vacation growing up was when we did a 8-day visit to Disney and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in one of the rooms where the animals wander right outside.
What?? No way man, I gotta do that with my wife and my girl, although I suspect my wife MAY freak out a little bit :laughing:

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been to both the California and Florida parks multiple times, but if I had a choice I would just spend all my time at Epcot. I like real roller coasters, and while Disney does a great job with the experience, I don't often find their rides thrilling enough. Although I do particularly enjoy the Haunted Mansion experience. At least, I did at my last visit, almost 19 years ago.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been to both the California and Florida parks multiple times, but if I had a choice I would just spend all my time at Epcot. I like real roller coasters, and while Disney does a great job with the experience, I don't often find their rides thrilling enough. Although I do particularly enjoy the Haunted Mansion experience. At least, I did at my last visit, almost 19 years ago.
That haunted mansion was definitely my favorite ride, but itΓÇÖs a theme park thatΓÇÖs definitely more for kids than us big fellas, few years later IΓÇÖll probably find myself back there with my girl.

Reactions: Growing Up Walls