• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Dislikes As Soon as the Video Goes Up

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a time where you upload a video and then within 1-2 minutes of the video being up you already get a dislike? This has been happening to me lately on videos I've posted. I'll literally just get finished hitting "publish" and by the time I get back to the video content page where all my uploads are showing, that video(s) I just uploaded will already have 1 dislike but no likes. I also don't know if it would be too much to predict that it is the same person hitting the dislike button on those videos since they are happening within the first 1-2 minutes each time I upload?

• Haha
Reactions: Ameer Shaheen

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
some people subscribe PURELY to be notified of when you upload so they can dislike it to try and ruin your day. Sometimes they're a bot. I wouldn't worry about it. You probably had a troll once who decided they wanted to dislike every video of yours hoping to make you feel bad even after they were banned or something. Or they'll dislike without saying anything so they can troll you without getting banned by you. I'd just pay no attention to it.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Think nothing of it, as @Beanie Draws pointed out, could be bots or trolls, a good indication of a bot is that youΓÇÖre getting reactions as soon as youΓÇÖve hit that publish button, it use to happen to me, not with dislikes, but the same comment, word for word, kept showing up after each upload, but I donΓÇÖt get anything weird now.

Reactions: Damon

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, I had a series of videos on a theme park and as soon as one of those videos was published it got 1-3 dislikes within the first hour or so, I could post on a different topic and it would be fine. I didn't let it bother me (too much) and now that I know it doesn't go against the video I'm even less bothered. The strange thing is, a year later I did a follow-up series at the theme park of seasonal visits and they are some of my highest viewed videos.
It hurts to know that someone is deliberately disliking your hard work, but I have come to terms with the fact I'm going to have to deal with trolls - I can't stop the feelin', so just dance, dance, dance.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh yeah, this is all part of the game for running a channel. All egnagement is positive, so don't sweat it. And yeah, it sucks that someone does that but on the plus side you haven't made it until this happens... so welcome to the club!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh yeah, this is all part of the game for running a channel. All egnagement is positive, so don't sweat it. And yeah, it sucks that someone does that but on the plus side you haven't made it until this happens... so welcome to the club!
That's right 8) Once you got yourself a hater, you've gone through the initiation haha

Don't worry about it, and especially don't make a big scene about it since that's most likely what they want.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's right 8) Once you got yourself a hater, you've gone through the initiation haha

Don't worry about it, and especially don't make a big scene about it since that's most likely what they want.
A hater is actually just a watcher who uses YouTube upside down and thus, they think they're liking the video, except the like button is upside down :p

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
A hater is actually just a watcher who uses YouTube upside down and thus, they think they're liking the video, except the like button is upside down :p

It also might not be a "Hater". Some people believe you get more traction if you have dislikes over likes. They might be doing it to get you over.

I remember this one guy who emailed me back in 2013-2014 letting me know what he was doing. I thanked him, and said I would rather get honest likes/dislikes. I believe he did it for about 6 months after, then stopped.

I have been thinking about a "Hate this video" to see what would happen...

Reactions: Damon

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
lol yeah happens they jealous of your good content so they get mad and dislike your video. This means a lot of YouTubers in your zone are jealous that your growth and they are not.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It also might not be a "Hater". Some people believe you get more traction if you have dislikes over likes. They might be doing it to get you over.

I remember this one guy who emailed me back in 2013-2014 letting me know what he was doing. I thanked him, and said I would rather get honest likes/dislikes. I believe he did it for about 6 months after, then stopped.

I have been thinking about a "Hate this video" to see what would happen...
That's intereting. I do know that sometimes large dislikes do tend to draw out more engagement in terms of comments and debate, but I'm not sure how well that likes/dislikes ratio plus comments actually relates to video performance long term. YouTube used to put a lot more emphsis on likes and comments and it being a form of engagement, but they seem to have moved away from that a bit now and focusing on the watch time metrics instead of comments and likes metrics, so maybe that's an offshot of the old way of YouTube. Back in the day when creators would always say "smash the like button as it helps me out a lot" back in the day it did, but I don't think it makes any differance now ever since the algorithm shift of 2018.