• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Overlooked mistakes that might cause heartbreak if not attended to.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I just felt I should share this here for new creators not to make same mistakes. When I started YouTube June 25th, 2020 to be precise, I learnt all I needed to learn and viewed clips on the dos and don'ts of a new YouTuber but there's one thing I never saw a video on which is "Subtitles" although I do see auto generated subtitles but didn't bother to check if it tallies with my words. Fast forward to last week. I noticed my views started reducing then I took my time to go through the current videos to see what could be the difference, what I was doing that I'm no longer doing, I tried checking the tags and the likes well with my evaluation, there was nothing wrong but I knew there must be a problem so I decided to go through my comments probably someone must have written a comment that will serve as a clue on what could be the problem. Lo and behold, I saw a comment which made me dig deep to see what could be the problem. As God may have it, I decided to click on the subtitles button on my laptop and what I saw displaying was opposite of what I was saying on the audio and the worst part of it was the translations (Title and description) to other languages I thought will optimize my views. It was not a good sight to behold. I had to start all over again working on the subtitles to all my videos. I have worked on some and still working on the others.

If you are having problems with your views and you are not a native speaker but using English on your videos, you need to have a look at the subtitles to ascertain that it corresponds with your content. To translate to other languages, I will advice you use companies like Tubebuddy to be on a safe side.

Mistakes are expected, inspected, respected and corrected. May your day be blessed.

Thanks
Maryprecious.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Working on your subtitles is very key as the computer might not get you correctly especially if you are a non-native speaker.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I just felt I should share this here for new creators not to make same mistakes. When I started YouTube June 25th, 2020 to be precise, I learnt all I needed to learn and viewed clips on the dos and don'ts of a new YouTuber but there's one thing I never saw a video on which is "Subtitles" although I do see auto generated subtitles but didn't bother to check if it tallies with my words. Fast forward to last week. I noticed my views started reducing then I took my time to go through the current videos to see what could be the difference, what I was doing that I'm no longer doing, I tried checking the tags and the likes well with my evaluation, there was nothing wrong but I knew there must be a problem so I decided to go through my comments probably someone must have written a comment that will serve as a clue on what could be the problem. Lo and behold, I saw a comment which made me dig deep to see what could be the problem. As God may have it, I decided to click on the subtitles button on my laptop and what I saw displaying was opposite of what I was saying on the audio and the worst part of it was the translations (Title and description) to other languages I thought will optimize my views. It was not a good sight to behold. I had to start all over again working on the subtitles to all my videos. I have worked on some and still working on the others.

If you are having problems with your views and you are not a native speaker but using English on your videos, you need to have a look at the subtitles to ascertain that it corresponds with your content. To translate to other languages, I will advice you use companies like Tubebuddy to be on a safe side.

Mistakes are expected, inspected, respected and corrected. May your day be blessed.

Thanks
Maryprecious.
I know you and I have swapped a message about Rev. I just wanted to point out to others that if you use them to do captioning in a different language, the first thing they do is create new captions in the language of the video and include that in the package they return to you. I realize that isn't an option for everyone, but wanted to point that out for people looking for solutions and may be considering subtitles in a different language.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I know you and I have swapped a message about Rev. I just wanted to point out to others that if you use them to do captioning in a different language, the first thing they do is create new captions in the language of the video and include that in the package they return to you. I realize that isn't an option for everyone, but wanted to point that out for people looking for solutions and may be considering subtitles in a different language.
Thanks so much.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Thanks
Maryprecious.

Moved to YT Discussions since this is more about YT IMO

For me it was not doing research and just posting. Leraned the hard way on that one...

Reactions: Simple_Words_Sonal