• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Might be getting ahead of myself with question

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is there a way to communicate with my subscribers? I want to utilise my discussion page more. Surely thereΓÇÖs a better way other than individually sending a message to my subscribers welcoming them to my discussion page or via recording myself welcoming subscribers to my discussion page.

Reactions: Gid

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
By my understanding the community tab is a great tool, but youΓÇÖll need to have reached that 1k sub point to unlock it, there are other ways like making a video just for that, I wouldnΓÇÖt recommend individual messaging, creators just donΓÇÖt do that, IΓÇÖd be weirded out if a creator were to suddenly message me directly just to say hi or something like that, anyways just my thoughts.

Reactions: Damon and Gid

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
Because I haven't unlocked the community tab yet, I'm concentrating on simply engaging with people who comment on my videos. Thanking them, asking further questions, etc. If I know one of my subscribers is a fellow creator, I'll see if they have videos I'm interested in so I can offer genuine feedback on their content as an additional interaction.

I have seen people mention their Instagram as a way to interact or message the creator directly, and I don't know if that's just a natural thing because they had an Instagram audience first, but it's possible you could go that route - create Instagram content to build and communicate with your audience until you get that community tab.

Don't forget to make sure to note any questions in your comments, what people say they really like, what people have their own experiences to share on, because you can "respond" to your audience by making more of those items.

Another idea - how about a little one-sided conversation with your audience at the end of your videos? "Hey, I hope you liked this. I'm so grateful you've decided to watch this far. Here's a question I'd like you to answer in the comments!" I know not everyone watches all the way to the end, but the people who do (like me) may appreciate when there's a little bit extra interaction at the end asking for opinions, or giving us a purpose to our comments. :)

Good luck! :heart: :heart:

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Because I haven't unlocked the community tab yet, I'm concentrating on simply engaging with people who comment on my videos. Thanking them, asking further questions, etc. If I know one of my subscribers is a fellow creator, I'll see if they have videos I'm interested in so I can offer genuine feedback on their content as an additional interaction.

I have seen people mention their Instagram as a way to interact or message the creator directly, and I don't know if that's just a natural thing because they had an Instagram audience first, but it's possible you could go that route - create Instagram content to build and communicate with your audience until you get that community tab.

Don't forget to make sure to note any questions in your comments, what people say they really like, what people have their own experiences to share on, because you can "respond" to your audience by making more of those items.

Another idea - how about a little one-sided conversation with your audience at the end of your videos? "Hey, I hope you liked this. I'm so grateful you've decided to watch this far. Here's a question I'd like you to answer in the comments!" I know not everyone watches all the way to the end, but the people who do (like me) may appreciate when there's a little bit extra interaction at the end asking for opinions, or giving us a purpose to our comments. :)

Good luck! :heart: :heart:
This is pretty much how I do everything when connecting with my subscribers, I always reply and write out a well written reply, not just a quickie, and with my latest video IΓÇÖve put in a nice little interactive game at the end, itΓÇÖs the best type of connection that IΓÇÖve used inside YouTube, and of course thereΓÇÖs instagram to use, although I find I donΓÇÖt use it that much, although IΓÇÖm starting to now.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Let me ask do you have the Community tab yet? If some the best way I've found is to post poll fairly often. That usually gets people chiming in a lot.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Wait for your 1k subscribers (For Youtube Community Tab) till then ask your viewers to join your discord in a CTA in video and in video description. Discord will keep your community directly engaged with you and they can also give you feedback as well. I am also working on this a lot as i noticed the biggest creators have excellent engaging discord servers which i have failed to replicate my self but that is a totally different thing. Your fans must be in your discord server with minimum from your side automated bots on discord auto posting youtube videos in relevant channels to keep them engaged and notified just in case youtube notification system fails on you.

Reactions: Uncle Momo
OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Wait for your 1k subscribers (For Youtube Community Tab) till then ask your viewers to join your discord in a CTA in video and in video description. Discord will keep your community directly engaged with you and they can also give you feedback as well. I am also working on this a lot as i noticed the biggest creators have excellent engaging discord servers which i have failed to replicate my self but that is a totally different thing. Your fans must be in your discord server with minimum from your side automated bots on discord auto posting youtube videos in relevant channels to keep them engaged and notified just in case youtube notification system fails on you.
IΓÇÖve got discord but I really donΓÇÖt know how to use it