• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Forum Suggestion New board, "Post your Setup"

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I see people asking questions about things like "what are people using for thumbnails" or "what lens are you using" or "what camera are you using"?

How about a forum where people can post their setups so others can look and see what others use.

The "super-cool overkill" version would use a template and perhaps aggregate the answers into some sort of graph.

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Not to be that weird person who responds to their own posts, but here is what I'm thinking for a template:
  • Camera (multiple allowed)
  • Lens (n/a or multiple allowed)
  • Microphone (built-in, or multiple allowed)
  • Tripod or other camera mount
  • Lights
  • Stands, extenders, booms
  • Editing software
  • Compositing software (if applicable)
  • Color Correction software (if applicable)
  • Audio software (if applicable)
  • Thumbnail creator
  • Banner creator
  • End screen creator
  • Other recommendations (no affiliate links). For example, camera sliders, podcast syndicators, multi-stream providers, planning software, streaming software, etc.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I see people asking questions about things like "what are people using for thumbnails" or "what lens are you using" or "what camera are you using"?

How about a forum where people can post their setups so others can look and see what others use.

The "super-cool overkill" version would use a template and perhaps aggregate the answers into some sort of graph.
This type of discussion would fall under Gear Discussion, and we already have a section for that here https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?forums/34/ feel free to start some computer gear discussion there :)