• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News New Channel Customization Feature in YouTube.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I just noticed a new thing on my creator studio dashboard. CUSTOMIZATION.

One thing a log of new channels suffer from, is a lack of custom layout for their channel, lack of branding, lack of a good channel banner, but also, they don't realiise you can actually feature your own playlists, onto your main page! So you can fill out your channel home with videos so it's not just the videos section that gets the love.

No doubt TubeBuddy already has a video on this new addition probably in the works, but now you have no excuse NOT to have a decent "about me" and channel layout ;)

Screenshot (834).png

Screenshot (835).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (833).png
    Screenshot (833).png
    183.6 KB · Views: 133

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I stumbled upon this the other day, and it was so nice to be able to customize that layout easily in terms of playlists and things that are listed. I like being able to feature just the current playlists that I'm focusing on now that I'm kind of getting the hang of things as opposed to the playlists that I created when I first started that don't really fit as well as they could, without deleting those lists completely. Thanks for pointing out how I can get back to it (because it really was accidental last time)! :heart: :heart:

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Seems like I don't have access to this feature yet (don't know whether that's down to my lack of subscribers or if it's just slowly/randomly being rolled out) but I'm excited to get my hands on it! It looks much better than the current interface and process for customising your channel's layout.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
yes ! It's now really easy. Earlier I saw lot of videos about how to customize , from where to enable stuff.

Now it's all clear and simple.

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Seems like I don't have access to this feature yet (don't know whether that's down to my lack of subscribers or if it's just slowly/randomly being rolled out) but I'm excited to get my hands on it! It looks much better than the current interface and process for customising your channel's layout.
They roll these changes out pretty randomly. I've received some changed later than others with smaller sub counts.

About the only company I've known to roll out features based on stats is Niantic with Pokemon GO where they roll out features to level 40 players first, then level 30, then 20 and so on until all players get access, but YouTube seems pretty random. Not that it's a competition, but I mentioned it to some channels who are smaller than me and they mentioned having the features already, so it's completely random the roll out.

Reactions: Etypical and Gid

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah i watched a number of tutorial and now my page looks very organised, I still havenΓÇÖt designed a banner yet IΓÇÖve always stuck with the YouTube banner option since IΓÇÖve registered havenΓÇÖt changed it since.....havenΓÇÖt thought about it

Reactions: Gid

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I never realized it went away. I guess it is getting ported over to the new Studio? I customized my channel ages ago, probably should change it up by now ha ha. I did it in the old studio.

My wife just started a channel last week and she had the option.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I never realized it went away. I guess it is getting ported over to the new Studio? I customized my channel ages ago, probably should change it up by now ha ha. I did it in the old studio.

My wife just started a channel last week and she had the option.
It makes it easier to make those changes. I've already used it twice in a week, versus maybe one change using the old method in the last 4 weeks.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I just noticed a new thing on my creator studio dashboard. CUSTOMIZATION.

One thing a log of new channels suffer from, is a lack of custom layout for their channel, lack of branding, lack of a good channel banner, but also, they don't realiise you can actually feature your own playlists, onto your main page! So you can fill out your channel home with videos so it's not just the videos section that gets the love.

No doubt TubeBuddy already has a video on this new addition probably in the works, but now you have no excuse NOT to have a decent "about me" and channel layout ;)

View attachment 7568
View attachment 7569

Really love how simple it is just wish I could use it hahaha!

Reactions: Beanie Draws