• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Banner Feedback Need Ideas For My banner how do i make it look simple and attention grabbing (for gaining subscribers) Help

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
My current youtube banner is all over the place. I do not want to use canva as i am totally dependant on it however i want to know what strategy shall i employ for making a youtube banner for my channel that gets me subscribers and has attention-grabbing capabilities as well.
Option 1. I use the template of putting an image like my text font big size in the middle of the banner and let good colors flow on all sides making it simple no vectors like twitter or other social media just a clean interace
Option 2. Just a picture of buildings and nothing else a creative commons 0 picture pasted over a banner size and then upload it; this option might look very unreasonable however there are some great quality creative commons 0 pictures up for grabs
Option 3. I simply focus on what branding i can come up with like take a que from my channel trailer and try to model my channel banner on that front.
Please if i missed any give me some solid tips i am really confused help

Reactions: MJIEs TV

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I love Canva, and that's where I made all my headers/icons. They have great templates that are easy to customize, and it's pretty intuitive. HOWEVER! You said you don't want to use Canva, so here are my opinions for you:

Option 1: Simple is good. The headers I am drawn to are very easy to read, sometimes just a background color, sometimes a graphic.
Option 2: Unsplash has great photos you could use for this, but I think you should have some text in your header. Your channel name and upload schedule, or channel name and type of videos posted are helpful.
Option 3: While you could screenshot from your channel trailer, and that would pull in a picture of you, it might get cropped poorly.

Honestly, my best tip is go for Canva. Start with the YouTube Channel Trailer layout, search Gaming Channel in the templates, and choose a simple one to start. Bring in a photo from Unsplash if needed. Good luck!

OP
OP
LiquidOcelot

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
I am dependants on Unsplash for pictures with attribution on medium.com never thought of that avenue cause i usually go for pixabay and pexels for creative commons 0 pictures no need for attribution still thank you so much for the ideas; am really appreciative of them. Really now all is making somewhat sense now.

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You need a work a looooot on your banner. It looks all over the place and it is not legible.

Make it simple and specify your niche. Make it clear and legible. Canvas is great .. do try it.

Figure out what's important and put only that on banner.

if you post only on certain days, you can specify that too .

keep in mind that the left side and right side portion get cut out in small devices.

Finalize after checking it on your mobile.

OP
OP
LiquidOcelot

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
my channel banner.PNG

I used cooltext for creating text and used canva to add in the designs now it looks much simpler, but need your thoughts guys.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've moved this to YouTube Thumbnail Art and Photography as this is a YouTube Art topic. The channel banner should tell your audience what they're going to get from your channel within the first second of seeing it, and currently that channel art tells me nothing except that you like to experiment with design. What is your channel about? how often do you publish? (I'm irregular with my uploading, hence why I haven't included it)
I have absolutely no idea what your channel is about from the name or the banner, so I'd consider what you want to express from that.

OP
OP
LiquidOcelot

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Thanks for your feedback; ill-used to add my niche to the banner but many suggested it looked kinda crowded and missed on the simplicity aspect of it. That is why I decided to go the simplicity route; ill need an artist to make me a better banner this is all I could muster really.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your feedback; ill-used to add my niche to the banner but many suggested it looked kinda crowded and missed on the simplicity aspect of it. That is why I decided to go the simplicity route; ill need an artist to make me a better banner this is all I could muster really.
I see a lot of people recommend fiverr, but I suggest checking out 99designs. They do a YouTube package for $79 and you get a much higher quality of designer because they are getting paid more.

Reactions: LiquidOcelot

MJIEs TV

Subscriber Goal
Personally, I love Canva, and that's where I made all my headers/icons. They have great templates that are easy to customize, and it's pretty intuitive. HOWEVER! You said you don't want to use Canva, so here are my opinions for you:

Option 1: Simple is good. The headers I am drawn to are very easy to read, sometimes just a background color, sometimes a graphic.
Option 2: Unsplash has great photos you could use for this, but I think you should have some text in your header. Your channel name and upload schedule, or channel name and type of videos posted are helpful.
Option 3: While you could screenshot from your channel trailer, and that would pull in a picture of you, it might get cropped poorly.

Honestly, my best tip is go for Canva. Start with the YouTube Channel Trailer layout, search Gaming Channel in the templates, and choose a simple one to start. Bring in a photo from Unsplash if needed. Good luck!

I do agree with you, Putting channel details will be a big help for others to know you and your interests..I also used Canva for making my Channel Art. Hope to get more helpful tip and advice from you..New friend here from Thailand. Cheers!

My current youtube banner is all over the place. I do not want to use canva as i am totally dependant on it however i want to know what strategy shall i employ for making a youtube banner for my channel that gets me subscribers and has attention-grabbing capabilities as well.
Option 1. I use the template of putting an image like my text font big size in the middle of the banner and let good colors flow on all sides making it simple no vectors like twitter or other social media just a clean interace
Option 2. Just a picture of buildings and nothing else a creative commons 0 picture pasted over a banner size and then upload it; this option might look very unreasonable however there are some great quality creative commons 0 pictures up for grabs
Option 3. I simply focus on what branding i can come up with like take a que from my channel trailer and try to model my channel banner on that front.

Hello, I respect your taste when it comes to your channel art, but a piece of advice, Like what most of them said, it will be very helpful if you put your channel details on your banner for others to know who you are and what are your interest..Especially that we're not a celebrity. New friend from Thailand. Cheers!

OP
OP
LiquidOcelot

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Hello, I respect your taste when it comes to your channel art, but a piece of advice, Like what most of them said, it will be very helpful if you put your channel details on your banner for others to know who you are and what are your interest..Especially that we're not a celebrity. New friend from Thailand. Cheers!
You are right however sadly i am not planning to stick to a particular niche nor a set schedule so i cannot make a promise to my audience. My previous channel banner did that but i stuck with those promises back then with niche and upload schedule as well now i cannot.

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
Greetings, if we put aside the graphics discussion for a moment, I think adding a tagline to your banner of what you offer your audience would go a long way. Please have look at my newly redesigned banner. It's not simple, but it says what my channel offers the audience. "Learn to Exercise Using Anything Around you."

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
For my banner I used a website called pixlr (https://pixlr.com/). It's free and has a lot of options for making a nice looking banner. You could also use this website for making thumbnails without having to pay anything as well. Hope this helps!