• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips YouTube recommended

Jsidoti

IΓÇÖve noticed that YouTube is recommending one of my videos much more than the others. It is being recommended by/after other channels videos. Most of the recommendations YouTube does comes after someone watches one of my videos. Why is this one video being recommended by another channels video? Is it because of similar keywords or is it similar tags?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah there are a LOT of things that could be happening. But really it all comes down to the audience. For whatever reason YouTube decided to share your video to the audience that already enjoys that other video and it was successful, so they kept showing it. That audience has a tendency of watching and enjoying content that is similar not only in topic but also length, style... who knows what else.

YouTube Search and Discovery acts on a lot of things that we are not always privvy to, there is a lot at play when determining when and where to serve content. For whatever reason (i.e. a LOT of reasons) YouTube decided to test your video in that slot and it worked. Welcome to the wonderful world of Suggested videos! Now the trick is making another!

Reactions: Growing Up Walls

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve noticed that YouTube is recommending one of my videos much more than the others. It is being recommended by/after other channels videos. Most of the recommendations YouTube does comes after someone watches one of my videos. Why is this one video being recommended by another channels video? Is it because of similar keywords or is it similar tags?
Have a look at your average view duration for that video compared to your other videos

retention.PNG

YouTube likes when your audience retention graph is close to or above where that green line would be... if your audience retention graph is high like that, then there's a good chance that's one of the reasons why.

another way is to check your reach and traffic sources, this will show you where a lot of your traffic came from, especially the videsos, and possibly websites that lead to your video

sources.PNG