• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Sooo Playlist is leaving in October

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Did anyone else see this message..I would have tooken a screenshot But I can't find it now.. the message was in my YouTube studio. What do you all think about this? It's kinda annoying because I organized my videos in different playlist =(

Reactions: PinayLifeUSA

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am also not finding where I read but I read it. As far as I understood then , playlist are gonna be there but to minimize space , they are removing options like " notes, description , etc" . Others correct me if I am wrong.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't want the playlists to go away because I organize my videos in different playlists based upon the categories of videos and specific topics they are about.

What do you mean exactly by that they are getting rid of the notes, description etc? Does that just mean we won't be able to write a description for what each playlist is about?

Reactions: Jeff Goober

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I am also not finding where I read but I read it. As far as I understood then , playlist are gonna be there but to minimize space , they are removing options like " notes, description , etc" . Others correct me if I am wrong.
I remember seeing something about "series playlists" or "official series playlists" which is a very underused feature apparently being removed, I do know they mentioned it very breifly, as did Nick Nimmin, but I haven't heard much about it since, so part of me thinks they may have backflipped on that plan as it's no longer mentioned as part of the "Features" they'll be removing due to "limited usage"

There was a LOT of backlash to that, along with community captions being removed, so there's a chance they may be re-thinking the plans to abandon it.

That said, playlists is still part of studio classic, and as they move playlists to the new studio (like they did with the music library) they simply might not move everything about playlists over and simply not tell us about it.

There's no way they'd remove the basic elements of playlists. They were just suggesting they'd be removing "series" playlists.