• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Canned response for copyright dispute.

Jim Dooley

I love using the comment canned response feature. Is there any chance that could be implemented for copyright disputes?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's a new one... can you go into more detail? Do you mean when someone is copying YOUR videos, an dyou want to send out canned responses to those people? or is it for when a music label claims one of YOUR videos? A little more detail would be good because I don't really deal with copyright disputes so I don't know how tubebuddy could help in that area of YouTube.

OP
OP
Jim Dooley

Jim Dooley

Yes, for when record companies claim my original content. I don't deal with this every day, but when I do, it's a pain in the but. I have heard stories about some channels having to deal with this so often that they just decide to give up.

It's a multi popup window process. Most of the windows only require a few clicks, but the last window requires an explanation about why you are disputing it and a digital signature (just your full name). It would be great to at least have a canned explanation and digital signature channel wide for the last popup window. Or even better, It would be great to have the ability to save templates if you have different reasons to dispute the claim and different uses needing to enter their digital signature. I know a lot of people deal with disputes and not just copyright disputes. If you can do help them out, I'll bet the market is pretty big. Maybe you could have 3 tiers. Free users get just a pre populated explanation on the last window, pro users get to take care of it with one click on their video list page, and the higher tiers get to do it as a bulk process.

What do you think?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, for when record companies claim my original content. I don't deal with this every day, but when I do, it's a pain in the but. I have heard stories about some channels having to deal with this so often that they just decide to give up.

It's a multi popup window process. Most of the windows only require a few clicks, but the last window requires an explanation about why you are disputing it and a digital signature (just your full name). It would be great to at least have a canned explanation and digital signature channel wide for the last popup window. Or even better, It would be great to have the ability to save templates if you have different reasons to dispute the claim and different uses needing to enter their digital signature. I know a lot of people deal with disputes and not just copyright disputes. If you can do help them out, I'll bet the market is pretty big. Maybe you could have 3 tiers. Free users get just a pre populated explanation on the last window, pro users get to take care of it with one click on their video list page, and the higher tiers get to do it as a bulk process.

What do you think?

This is a very hard area that could be seen as legal advice if we offer canned responses.... Offering a drop down to save them is also grey since YT doesn't really let us touch the copyright side outside of our tools like Demonitzation check so... hard to say we COULD do anything.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Jim Dooley

Jim Dooley

This is a very hard area that could be seen as legal advice if we offer canned responses.... Offering a drop down to save them is also grey since YT doesn't really let us touch the copyright side outside of our tools like Demonitzation check so... hard to say we COULD do anything.

Yeah, I don't think it would be appropriate for TubeBuddy to offer canned responses, I only meant that it would be great to be able to save our own. But if youtube won't let you do it, I understand. It's kind of a bummer though.