• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube Interface Delay

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Is it just me, or does everyone have a "YouTube Delay"? It always feels like the interface is laggy. I select any drop-down, or choose a tag, or even select on "Description" or "Title". It takes over a second for a reaction. Makes it tougher to check boxes and move quickly in the editing phase.

I notice this on multiple machines, PC and Mac. I even have tried it with TubeBuddy not installed, and it's still got this lag.

It's just so annoying...

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Is it just me, or does everyone have a "YouTube Delay"? It always feels like the interface is laggy. I select any drop-down, or choose a tag, or even select on "Description" or "Title". It takes over a second for a reaction. Makes it tougher to check boxes and move quickly in the editing phase.

I notice this on multiple machines, PC and Mac. I even have tried it with TubeBuddy not installed, and it's still got this lag.

It's just so annoying...
I'm going to say the single-most controversial thing I've said on these forums to date - try Microsoft Edge.

I know, but Chrome (any platform) is notorious for really poor memory management. If you have multiple extensions, it can be particularly bad. Firefox is much better, but one of the advantages of Edge is that it was developed ground-up with memory management being one of the main performance goals.

Other thing to try is to disable all of the other extensions and see if that helps.

From personal experience, I often use the Reddit Enhancement Suite plugin that caches a ton of picture and video data. A tab open to Reddit can have major performance hits on any other tab I have open.

OP
OP
Jeffrey Powers

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
I'm going to say the single-most controversial thing I've said on these forums to date - try Microsoft Edge.

I know, but Chrome (any platform) is notorious for really poor memory management. If you have multiple extensions, it can be particularly bad. Firefox is much better, but one of the advantages of Edge is that it was developed ground-up with memory management being one of the main performance goals.

Other thing to try is to disable all of the other extensions and see if that helps.

From personal experience, I often use the Reddit Enhancement Suite plugin that caches a ton of picture and video data. A tab open to Reddit can have major performance hits on any other tab I have open.

Yup. Did that. I work on many different computers during the day. Mac, PC, Linux. I even log into other YouTube channels.
But if you are not seeing a lag, then I need to try something else.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Yup. Did that. I work on many different computers during the day. Mac, PC, Linux. I even log into other YouTube channels.
But if you are not seeing a lag, then I need to try something else.
I 100% see it in Chrome, but not with Edge or Firefox. I'm using it on both a high-end PC and a 16" MBP

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
on chrome its too resource heavy try to clean up whole browsing cache for lifetime from history of your chrome browser. Also type in run command "TEMP" "%TEMP%" AND "PREFETCH" without the inverted commas one by one and hit enter and delete everything inside those folders you will be shocked to see the amount of files which are chrome related. Chrome really is the most used browser in the world however it has many issues like others pointed out and even with alternatives like edge chromium they are still the same chromium engine so try these methods and it will help you a lot i always do these steps after 1 hour of using my chrome browser.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I've noticed this when it comes to tags. It's possibly your system and browser. Sometimes you might want to try a different browser to try things. I fresh installed firefox and it helped matters a little. But I noticed safari on iPad Pro gen 1 was the fastest. I could delete multiple tags instantly, but on desktop there was some lag.

Think of it this way though. There's MILLIONS of creators out there, all trying to do the same thing you're trying to do on YouTube's servers. There's only so many users their systems can handle before there's some kind of bottleneck.