• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What are the things that you realized/discovered/improved about yourself after joining Youtube?

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am a very shy person and Youtube has definitely helped me to get out of the shell. I am always afraid of criticisms and being on Youtube helped me accept those criticisms and use it as an instrument to grow.
Same here! I love the creative process of YouTube, but getting in front of camera (or just in front of an audience in general) is something I've always struggled with as I'm a fairly shy person. One of the reasons I started my channel was to try to improve my skills and become more comfortable in situations like that. I'm so glad to hear YouTube has helped you get out of your shell ΓÇö that's great! :)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I've travelled for a living for close to 30 years. The past 15+ years has all been global travel. The joke with my wife is that if I'm home for more than 2 weeks I must have been fired and just haven't told her. My mindset has always been "if I'm not traveling, then I'm not being productive."

The we get hit with a global pandemic and all travel was banned. Now I'm stuck at home. Focusing on YouTube (among other things) has made me feel productive. Productive to the point that I don't want to go back to traveling all the time. And that has been a huge discovery!

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I discovered that there is a hidden world out there which I did not know about. I had to start learning and transferring my skills into something entirely different from my profession. It has taught me the meaning of persistence and determination and walking in my purpose f inspiring and motivating people.

• Love
Reactions: Melody Gilliland

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I learned that my undergraduate and post graduate degrees are probably being more utilized through my own YT work than at my current job . . . lol I also realized, I enjoy learning new editing programs like Lightworks and now currently Davinci Resolve.

• Love
Reactions: Melody Gilliland
OP
OP
Melody Gilliland

Melody Gilliland

melodygillilandphotography.com
Subscriber Goal
Same here! I love the creative process of YouTube, but getting in front of camera (or just in front of an audience in general) is something I've always struggled with as I'm a fairly shy person. One of the reasons I started my channel was to try to improve my skills and become more comfortable in situations like that. I'm so glad to hear YouTube has helped you get out of your shell ΓÇö that's great! :)
I agree, im happy that it is helping you that way too

Reactions: Etypical
OP
OP
Melody Gilliland

Melody Gilliland

Subscriber Goal
I've travelled for a living for close to 30 years. The past 15+ years has all been global travel. The joke with my wife is that if I'm home for more than 2 weeks I must have been fired and just haven't told her. My mindset has always been "if I'm not traveling, then I'm not being productive."

The we get hit with a global pandemic and all travel was banned. Now I'm stuck at home. Focusing on YouTube (among other things) has made me feel productive. Productive to the point that I don't want to go back to traveling all the time. And that has been a huge discovery!
Oh wow, I also love travelling as well, I hope one day we can do that after this pandemic. I totally agree that youtube has helped me to be productive too. I am enjoying it alot.

OP
OP
Melody Gilliland

Melody Gilliland

Subscriber Goal
I learned that my undergraduate and post graduate degrees are probably being more utilized through my own YT work than at my current job . . . lol I also realized, I enjoy learning new editing programs like Lightworks and now currently Davinci Resolve.
The editing process is definitely one of my favorites, but the anticipation if people like my work is sometimes nerve wrecking haahha

OP
OP
Melody Gilliland

Melody Gilliland

Subscriber Goal
I discovered that there is a hidden world out there which I did not know about. I had to start learning and transferring my skills into something entirely different from my profession. It has taught me the meaning of persistence and determination and walking in my purpose f inspiring and motivating people.
Yes, I definitely agree. I realized that theres more to youtube than what we seem it is. I hope you are enjoying the process