• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Educational Channel Singing Teacher passionate about the voice

Nesthead21

User name: Nesthead21
Title of introduction: Singing Teacher passionate about the voice
Your name/ Alias: Dot
Where are you from? Melbourne, Australia
How did you find TubeBuddy? Annie Dube Youtuber I think
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I want to learn more and seek opinions and advice
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: To reach 1000 subscribers in an area with tough competition. Where one particular Channel literally dominates.
How frequently do you upload? Weekly at the moment
What are your hobbies? Piano, Ukulele, Singing, Learning, Protools recording, creating educational videos
What is your biggest dream? To make a passive income
YouTube Channel Link: http://www.youtube.com/c/DotsSinging

Last edited:

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Dot, welcome to the forums. I checked out a few of your vids and I am going to forward your channel to my girlfriend, she's a singer and it may help her out a bit. I love the information you give as the video moves along and I like how you just get into the videos without several minutes of just waffling on like some channels do.

Little bit of advice: You get a consistent 30 odd views each video but not many likes. Throw a little banner or message somewhere on the screen at the beginning and ask your viewers to drop a like or subscribe, I think this will really help your channel.

Also this may be a change you won't want to implement but have you ever thought about using a facecam? I think it may help your videos and your students to see your face as you do the vocal exercise? It may also help you with thumbnails too, which are good for now but may take them to the next level?

Good luck anyway and welcome again.

Reactions: Nesthead21
OP
OP
N

Nesthead21

Hey Dot, welcome to the forums. I checked out a few of your vids and I am going to forward your channel to my girlfriend, she's a singer and it may help her out a bit. I love the information you give as the video moves along and I like how you just get into the videos without several minutes of just waffling on like some channels do.

Little bit of advice: You get a consistent 30 odd views each video but not many likes. Throw a little banner or message somewhere on the screen at the beginning and ask your viewers to drop a like or subscribe, I think this will really help your channel.

Also this may be a change you won't want to implement but have you ever thought about using a facecam? I think it may help your videos and your students to see your face as you do the vocal exercise? It may also help you with thumbnails too, which are good for now but may take them to the next level?

Good luck anyway and welcome again.
Hi Thank you for your comments, I totally agree with all your comments. I do try to get right to the point as you said and not waffle. I'm not sure how to approach the banner at the beginning of the video, will have to look into it. Do you have an example you can send in a link? (only if you have time)

I'm not keen on having my face on the screen, although I know it's what is suggested in all the tutorials I've seen. It makes it so much more work, make up, audio, syncing etc and I'm not young and beautiful, lol.

Thanks again for your feedback!