• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Music reaction channel

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
3mth ago IΓÇÖve started a music reaction channel based upon talented subscribers with low views. By working at this 12hrs per day IΓÇÖm now got over 400 subscribers but my viewing time is very poor even though I get good responses with subscribers watching my reaction video. IΓÇÖm very new and wondered is there some kind of app etc that allows me to see in depth what I need to do, tittle to use etc IΓÇÖm doing this on my own, I know IΓÇÖve got a great idea I just dont know what resources are out there to guide me. It would be amazing to have a mentor who knows whatΓÇÖs what

Reactions: Gid

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
3mth ago IΓÇÖve started a music reaction channel based upon talented subscribers with low views. By working at this 12hrs per day IΓÇÖm now got over 400 subscribers but my viewing time is very poor even though I get good responses with subscribers watching my reaction video. IΓÇÖm very new and wondered is there some kind of app etc that allows me to see in depth what I need to do, tittle to use etc IΓÇÖm doing this on my own, I know IΓÇÖve got a great idea I just dont know what resources are out there to guide me. It would be amazing to have a mentor who knows whatΓÇÖs what
music reaction channels are the perfect target for music labels to send copyright strikes to. I know there's plenty of channels that do it, but eventually they all will get claimed or even striked and there's probably very little money in it. If your reactions are boring, people are probably more interested in the music than your actual reaction to the music, and generally speaking the only music reaction channels that do well, are those who are actually professionals in the field, and bring their own professional opinion into the mix. Like "hip hop head reacts to slipknot" "vocal coach reacts to metal" something unexpected, but even then they're always playing with fire with the risk of a content claim.

I reacted to a movie trailer once, added my opinions and perspective to it from the perspective of an artist, and that video lasted about 30 minutes before universal pictures copyright claimed it.

Now if you have 400 subscribers, but not many views, you need to be honest with yourself and ask if you've done subscriber trading or "sub for sub". Sub for sub is against youtubes terms of service and will get you banned, BUT it also means you're unlikely to get views, and you'll just get subscribers.

Now the only real question I have is, WHY do you want to react to music other than as a hobby or to entertain other people, but long game, why do you want to do it?

LOTS of twitch streamers are getting banned for playing copyright music in their streams by music labels, and reaction channels only have so long before the same happens to them.

That said, I've found some pretty fun bands from watching reaction videos... but it's still a grey area according to music laws.

OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I'd say stop doing reaction videos and start making your own original content. These reaction videos are just copyright bait.
Bro never tell anyone to stop doing what they want to pursue thatΓÇÖs the worse advise that anyone should give. I read your post yesterday and I felt really low it was only this morning that I felt the strength to reply to your post. I donΓÇÖt react to A Listers I react to talented artist that donΓÇÖt get a look in (low subscribers) I donΓÇÖt believe that you even went to my YouTube channel before you made that advice. I do appreciate you taking the time and effort to send me some advice, I know IΓÇÖve got a good thing here, no-one is going what IΓÇÖm doing on youtube their too busy reacting to famous people to increase their views IΓÇÖm the total opposite.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Understood. I apologize.

Let me ask: What if you started doing interviews with those artists? It'd be interesting to hear about their philosophy, style, inspiration, and hopes and dreams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Momo
OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Understood. I apologize.

Let me ask: What if you started doing interviews with those artists? It'd be interesting to hear about their philosophy, style, inspiration, and hopes and dreams.
IΓÇÖm glad you said about the interviews because two of the artist one from Hawaii and the other from Chicago was suggesting that, but IΓÇÖm not sure what platform to use, Zoom would be excellent but IΓÇÖm not sure if I can record the event on zoom.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm glad you said about the interviews because two of the artist one from Hawaii and the other from Chicago was suggesting that, but IΓÇÖm not sure what platform to use, Zoom would be excellent but IΓÇÖm not sure if I can record the event on zoom.
I'm not as familiar with Zoom as other platforms. But Skype has long been the standard for this prior to Zoom's accidental rise to fame. Not that I'm editorializing here.. ;)

Lots of platforms like OBS, etc. have built-in Skype support or an easy to install plugin.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Yes but the issue with music reaction channels is that you will always be dealing with copyright claims even if your videos are not taken down cause there is no fair use in play here even if the video is transformative content. Still a lot of music reaction channels are still doing it because they are relying on Patreon for there income support.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes but the issue with music reaction channels is that you will always be dealing with copyright claims even if your videos are not taken down cause there is no fair use in play here even if the video is transformative content. Still a lot of music reaction channels are still doing it because they are relying on Patreon for there income support.

Yeah, you're right. no matter show small the artist is there is always that threat of getting hit wit ha copyright claim (unless the music was licensed under Creative Commons or something.) The interview route is much safer and some might consider more interesting.