• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Feature Enhancement Request - Brand Alerts

youtubeblastoff

I really like the idea of the Brand alerts but I think it needs some improving. I have been testing it and it doesn't really do what I need it to do. As of now it only seems to search the video title. It would be awesome if you could make the tool also search the video description for the tags. So for example if someone mentioned me in a video and said you can check out YouTube Blast Off's channel below. Then in the description it said Check out YouTube Blast Off's channel here with my link, the Brand Alerts could pick that up. A lot of times the Brand isn't always mentioned in the title but maybe it's in the description or tag. This tool has the potential to get people super excited and be really powerful. In order to do that though, the tool needs to search all the metadata for the video not just the title.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I really like the idea of the Brand alerts but I think it needs some improving. I have been testing it and it doesn't really do what I need it to do. As of now it only seems to search the video title. It would be awesome if you could make the tool also search the video description for the tags. So for example if someone mentioned me in a video and said you can check out YouTube Blast Off's channel below. Then in the description it said Check out YouTube Blast Off's channel here with my link, the Brand Alerts could pick that up. A lot of times the Brand isn't always mentioned in the title but maybe it's in the description or tag. This tool has the potential to get people super excited and be really powerful. In order to do that though, the tool needs to search all the metadata for the video not just the title.

Not a bad idea have my support.

Reactions: youtubeblastoff
OP
OP
youtubeblastoff

youtubeblastoff

Thanks Andrew and everyone for the likes. I have continued testing this and it might unfortunately be a problem on YouTube's end not on TubeBuddy's end. So I noticed when I search other YouTube channels I mentioned in the Brand Alert there is an option to see live results. When you click live results you can see TubeBuddy automatically filters the data by video and upload date. Once I change that filter from upload date to relevance I can see the videos show up as expected. I also tried this in Chrome Incognito. I would search a a channel name I mentioned in my video I know should show up with it defaulted to relevance and it shows up once I turn the filter to sort by upload date it says no results. The filtering problem within YouTube seems to have been an ongoing issue for years now. I am thinking if the Brand Alert filter set up gets changed to sort by relevance instead of upload date that could be a temporary easy work around. So I actually do think the Brand Alter will search the description of the video properly it's just the YouTube filtering system is still broke for either everyone or a lot of people. That being said I still have found no evidence Brand alters searches the tags and that would be nice if it could search the tags also. I stand by my original comments though. This can be such a useful and powerful too, it would be awesome to improve it some and try to get it fixed. I'll send this feedback to TubeBuddy support also. Thanks again everyone.