• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion is bbq'ing even a thing?

MXP90DL

I am curious to find out if people enjoy watching cooking channels to look at food being cooked or is watching a way to relax and try and cook for ones self?

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
My brother actually enjoys watching cooking videos and channels. He would literary watch someone cook or talk about food (Like food network shows on TV e.i- Dinner, Drive Ins & Dives) while he eats. He told me it's relaxing and it makes him imagine that he is eating the food that he is watching lol. One thing about those videos is that there's a lot of close up views that really makes your mouth water, super high quality videos so you feel like its in front of you. Hope that helps!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I am curious to find out if people enjoy watching cooking channels to look at food being cooked or is watching a way to relax and try and cook for ones self?
I think people like watching food being prepared and then eaten. Unless there is some specific technique involved with the cooking, I don't think people like to watch the cooking part. Its the part that is typically cut out of most cooking shows.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I know @Andrew has some strong opinions on this topic, and if you come to the discord on fridays you'll see quite a few bbq channels from time to time, so yes, t'is quite a thriving niche I'd say :)

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Personally (as an old cook) I watch cooking shows for inspiration and recipe ideas. But my wife likes just watching food. She likes watching cooking and mukbangs. I am sure there are all types of audiences.