• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Work In Progress looking for opinions on overlay idea

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
hey guys,
I am experimenting with some ways I can give my lets play videos a distinctive look, and created a PSP style border and applied it to my most recent video
and would appreciate some feedback
View: https://youtu.be/e419KjhQZZ0

Not sure if it really ADDS anything to the presentation, or just looks dumb, or maybe its a good idea and it just needs tweaking
Let me know

OP
OP
CelticSpike

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
It's a lot better than just having black borders :)

I used to do that when playing Pokemon in Nuzlocke haha
thanks man. do you think the dimensions/proportions look ok? screen size big enough, placement of my avatar and logo look ok?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is such a hard thing to judge. I couldn't say one way or another (who could?). Really need to AB test it.

I used to use a weird white border to give my thumbs a different shape in search (problem was dark mode lol). Nobody ever had a single good thing to say about those thumbs... but several years later 3 of my top performing videos still got those idiotic thumbs.

Reactions: CelticSpike
OP
OP
CelticSpike

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
Agreed I am not sure myself if its a good idea, but I am going to run with it anyway for the next few videos and see if makes any difference.
thanks for the input