• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Automatic Bulk Thumbnail / Title A/B Tester

TBfan12

Currently, it takes a long time preparing and analysing tests of different titles/thumbnails that I come up with for each video. Lets say I come up with 10 different thumbnails, and 10 different titles for a video (its an extreme example, but just run with it). With the current version of tubebuddy, you have to test each thumbnail and each title one-by-one to see which works best. That means logging on after each test is complete, analysing the results, then setting the best version, and then setting a new A/B test. This takes a lot of time for us to manually do. It would be a lot easier if you could create a system by which a TubeBuddy user could upload multiple thumbnails all at once, and let TubeBuddy test all possible combinations to see which one is the best over time. It would also be great if you could do this with titles. So, for example, thumbnail-1+title-1 tested against thumbnail-2+title-2 against thumbnail-3+title-3 against thumbnail-4+title-4 etc. All done automatically so that instead of just being able to test one thumbnail change or one title change at a time, TubeBuddy could queue up each tests, so that it could work its way down the system. Lets say the user chooses 'statistical significance', then once each winning thumbnail, or thumbnail+title combination thats paired against each other comes out on top, its automatically tested against another inputted version in the queue. This way when the whole test is complete TubeBuddy could produce a ranking of the best/worst A/B tests provided. It would save a lot of time manually testing lots of versions of thumbnails and titles.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
Thanks for the suggestion. You aren't the first to ask for this - some of our other power users have requested it. We love the idea but the problem is that it would take a MAJOR re-haul of our A/B Testing system to figure this out. But perhaps a compromise would be similar to what you suggested where it tests #1 vs #2 and then once a winner is determined, it tests the winner vs #3 then that winner is tested vs #4, etc. With a channel your size, it could probably product results fairly quickly. This would still be a big change but we do want to improve our keystone features and A/B Tests is one of them.

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
T

TBfan12

Hey Phil, thanks for your response. Yes I think that solution would work and it would be awesome to have. In terms of functionality, I've added 2 pictures below to show how I think it could work. Perhaps a drop down button like v1.png and then the option to test the winner in v222.png. Perhaps a better design for the winner thumbnail part would be the images of the 2 thumbnails above, split diagonally, with a question mark in the middle, or the same rosette icon to represent the winner. Then another drop down below that if the user has more thumbnails to test. Happy to bounce around more ideas if this is something you see as possible as it would save all of us heaps of time and be another brilliant selling point for your platform!

Attachments

• v222.png
    v222.png
    894.9 KB · Views: 155
  • v1.png
    v1.png
    870.9 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: Nizam Blacks