• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question does the green tick Imoji stop my Channel titles being searched and found ?

raysallotment

Subscriber Goal
I have read that imojis stop the search engine pushing out videos.

i have added a gren tick to every video title and every video get to around 300 and stops - would this be a problem or should i delete all the gren tick imojis

Thank you for any help

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Emojis count as characters and are therefore searchable just like anything else, just with less effect as they hold no pertinence to your topic.

So i believe that rumor to be false. The rumor likely stems from an issue YouTube has with excessive emoji use in livestream chat (and comments?). This was uncovered about 10-12 months ago when Markiplier had some problems after encouraging his audience to drop emoji's in his chat.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't know if it "hurts" or "helps" a channel using emojis, but their usefulness in terms of serch probably depends on how the code of the emoji is read.

I've done a little bit of reserach into the code style, as different apps and websites display emojis differantly. There's "emoji code" there's "unicode" there's "CLDR Short Name" there's other codes, like U+1F600 is apparently code fro "smily face" "Unicode CLDR data" and then of course, if you're in YouTube chat, certain emjois are summoned by codes like : joy : which will show up as :joy: heck, I don''t know if that will show the graphic, or the text code :p

So with all that being said, I'm not sure how much those codes impact on a video's serchability and ranking etc.

I've used them, but not very often and I probably wouldn't worry about using them in titles because overuse of emoji's can not only look spammy, but they can look childish and give your video the wrong impression before it's even clicked.

OP
OP
raysallotment

raysallotment

Subscriber Goal
Thank you - i had since deleted them but it was only a tick so did not look to bad in my eyes