• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Using Text to speech naration on you tube.

Madevadegreat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have a question.
Can I fill the narrative voice on YouTube using a robotic voice from the text to speech application?
Is it forbiden or not. thank you.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Interesting question. There is nothing in the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service that prohibit text to speech. But I've always heard it said that text to speech channels can't be monetized.

I just went through those policies and didn't see anything that specifically referenced text to speech, but others may have specific examples or knowledge of how it might impact monetization..

Reactions: Madevadegreat

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think it's against YT's ToS to use text to speech. I personally don't watch videos like that myself since I don't like most voices for text to speech.

Also, this isn't a TubeBuddy question. Please read the topic of the section before posting :)
Thread has been moved.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think it's against YT's ToS to use text to speech. I personally don't watch videos like that myself since I don't like most voices for text to speech.

Also, this isn't a TubeBuddy question. Please read the topic of the section before posting :)
Thread has been moved.
funnily enough, it isn't against YT's ToS but it does have an impact on weather some channels will get monetised as it does come across as mass spam with lack of qualiy. I never really like text to speech videos myself and as soon as I hear the voice, I just close and assume it's a re-uploaded spam video, and I think that's why YouTube tend to NOT monetise text to speech videos as it's usually a re-uploaded copyright violation video, even if the practice of using text to speech in it'self isn't against terms of service.

OP
OP
Madevadegreat

Madevadegreat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Thread has been moved.
ok, I am sorry

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
This is not allowed under YouTube Terms of services for monetization of videos as it comes under automation. My advice is to stay away from Text To Speech videos even though you might find many youtube channels with high volumes of views in this TTS content.

OP
OP
Madevadegreat

Madevadegreat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is not allowed under YouTube Terms of services for monetization of videos as it comes under automation. My advice is to stay away from Text To Speech videos even though you might find many youtube channels with high volumes of views in this TTS content.
Thankyou Liquid Ocelot