• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Weird new likes show up daily

WhiteStrat

Over the last few days, I've started seeing 4-5 of these types of comments (see attached jpg) showing up on every one of my new videos. Is this a right of passage or something? lol

Do I leave these here or hide them? Do they hurt your channel - or do viewers realize this is spam when they see these comments

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Over the last few days, I've started seeing 4-5 of these types of comments (see attached jpg) showing up on every one of my new videos. Is this a right of passage or something? lol

Do I leave these here or hide them? Do they hurt your channel - or do viewers realize this is spam when they see these comments
Under "Video Details" -> More Options there is a setting that allows you to hold potentially spam comments. That helps a lot with this stuff. And yes, I had the same issue until I discovered this setting. It seems like once they realize it won't work they move on to another new channel.
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.32.13 AM.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

I just edited your post to remove the screenshot as it included adult content in the display pic, which indeed is what you were talking about.

In situations like that, (seems "love" was one of the words they used) all you can do is add them to your blocked words filter. I have a very long list of words. Adding "love" will avoid spam that uses "love" in their comments from showing up, but it will also mean if someone genuine loves your video, you'll have to check your held for review comments and manually approve comments individually for approved comments, but that's the price you pay for staying on top of the spam.

People might suggest you report them, but there's no point in doing that, and you can try and ban them, but when one is banned, another 10 pop up in their place, so use your banned words settings, and add the most commonly used words to avoid them being posted.

I have words like "money" "bitcoin" and other words that are commonly used by bots, to prevent them showing up publicly.

It's happened to me a few times. You just have to think one step ahead of the bots.
blocked words.PNG

You want to set your blocked words like this (that song one was a common spam bot from a few months ago)

other words.PNG

"hugs for hugs" and "come dance with me" and "who wants to go dancing" are some sub for sub bot words people reported seeing, so I added them, as well as other bitcoin words to avoid those kind of bots as well. You'll forever be adding to it lol.

Last edited: